Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to display movie with thumbnail  (Read 4118 times)

Cindy

• Coppermine newbie
Need to display movie with thumbnail
« on: May 12, 2005, 11:39:11 pm »

We have a specific application in mind and we will need to upload movie files and static images from the movie.
This is what it looks like so far: http://www.studentfilmmakers.com/films/thumbnails.php?album=1
What we need would be for that page to only have 1 item in the gallery (right now) and the item would be the movie file, but the thumbnail for it would be the second image that you see there (not a generic mov Quicktime icon).

I have an idea of how this might be done (adding a field to the database to associate movie files and images with the same gallery "item", but I'm not sure what I'd have to change in the code.  If someone can help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cindy
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 05:13:28 pm by GauGau »

Kool

• Coppermine newbie
  • pEACE hARMONY pATIENCE!
Re: Need to display movie with thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 04:53:00 am »

Hi Cindy,

I have a similar question and have done a search to find answers.

The best link I can suggest you look at is: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#cust_thmb

I now have my .avi movie file with my .jpg thubmnail image no problem.

What I am not understanding from the above info is how to just have the movie file with the .jpg thumbnail image only and not the .jpg image also (ie: I have 2 x same image showing for every movie file: the movie file as the .jpg image & the .jpg thumbnail ! ). I just want the movie file to show as the .jpg image without the repitition of having the .jpg show seperately??

Please if anyone can let me know about this?

Thanks,

:)

As Usual: Bringing you...One 'pERFECTLY hORRIBLE pROBLEM' at a Time...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 10:24:45 am »

as suggested in the docs: FTP upload just the thumbnail to the folder where your movie resides. Do not use http uploads (via coppermine) or batch-add! Just FTP-upload the thumbnail, that's all there is.

Cindy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:29:19 pm »

Thank you!  Those 2 posts were exactly what I needed.

robino

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 01:08:58 pm »

following the instructions in the manual, i ftp'ed a jpg file with the same name as a .wmv file to the same folder. 

however the thumbnail that is displayed for the .wmv file is still the same and is not the uploaded jpg with the same name. 

is there something i have missed?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 06:56:04 am »

if the movie's name is myfile.wmv, the thumbnail name has to be thumb_myfile.wmv (if you left the thumbnail prefix in config default), not just myfile.jpg. The thumbnail file has to reside within the same folder as your movie file.
This is all in the docs, and has been said in this thread as well, please read more carefully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.