Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quirky behavior on intranet when changing homepage url in config  (Read 4993 times)

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography

I don't know if this is a bug or just the way things have to be but when I change the homepage URL in Config, I am no longer able to access my coppermine website on my localserver.

My wife and I work on the site together. I work off of the server. She works off of a client computer connected via intranet.  When I leave the homepage URL as index.php, she can log on to mydomain/index.php  without any problems.

When I change it to anything else. She gets a DNS error.   Here's what happens:

Leaving it at index.php, she logs on to mydomainname/index.php.  No redirection takes place so there is no problem here.

Changing it to anothername.php, she logs onto mydomainname/index.php or mydomainname/anothername.php  and she gets the DNS error because the Address changes to "localhost/anothername.php" rather than 'mydomainname/anothername.php.'

Trying to log on directly to 'mydomainname/anothername.php' gives her the same error as the webaddress automatically changes to "localhost/anothername.php"

That's it.  Didn't know if this was a bug or something that is already in the know by everyone but me.

Thanks,

Dennis
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 09:45:37 am by TranzNDance »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Quirky behavior on intranet when changing homepage url in config
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 03:56:03 am »

What a file is called should have nothing to do with how your server reacts.  I don't know how you have your local server configured, but it sounds like something is amiss.  If you make an index.php file with a redirect to your renamed index.php file (which you would have to do regardless so when people try to access index.php it will go where you want it to go) does everything work?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 12:07:59 pm »

If you make an index.php file with a redirect to your renamed index.php file (which you would have to do regardless so when people try to access index.php it will go where you want it to go) does everything work?

Redirects from cpg's index.php to another file on entering the website do not work from remote computers connected to my server. If I hardcode a redirect in an index.html file and direct it using:
myIPaddress/sitefolder/index.php  it works.

The problem obviously is that cpg's index.php redirects to "localhost"/sitefolder/whatever.php
And "localhost" to my remote computer is its own ip.

I think.

Thanks for the reply.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 09:58:11 am »

Try "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost"

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 10:38:58 am »

Try "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost"

Ah... that should work. . Or, even my router assigned IP come to think of it.

Thanks

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.