Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Settings for a category  (Read 3560 times)

Magnus Lonnegren

• Coppermine newbie
Settings for a category
« on: May 09, 2005, 08:33:32 pm »

Hi!

I wanted to try if I could make all my albums in a category only available for registered users. But I realized I had to choose "Album can be viewed by registered users only" in the properties for every singe album. Can't I have some overall option for the category instead where I can set that the category should only be available for registered users? Now I did not have so many albums, but would not be fun to do it if I had like 100 albums. Can this also be a default setting when uploading new albums?

I also want to know if the registered users somehow can check out the other users, like see where they live, interests etc?

Regards,
Magnus
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 11:04:10 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Settings for a category
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 10:11:51 am »

1) one question per thread please
2) Permissions by category are currently not possible, they can only be assigned by album. There's a hack that will change the default value of the album property attribute "visible by", but I don't remember the thread id. Please search for it.
3) There will be custom profile fields in cpg1.4.x (which is still beta, no release date known). With the current stable cpg1.3.x, there's no solution "out-of-the-box" to store additional user information. You might want to consider bridging your coppermine install with a bbs app, as most bbs apps offer more advanced user profile settings.

Magnus Lonnegren

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Settings for a category
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 12:58:09 pm »

Okey, sorry for the multiple questions, not my meaning.

But then I know, thank you..!

//Magnus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.