Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What CMS to use with coppermine  (Read 24405 times)

MonkeyManx

• Coppermine novice
What CMS to use with coppermine
« on: February 27, 2005, 07:45:19 pm »

Hello,
I started out my website with just having Coppermine installed. But now I am interested in expanding. I do not want to lose all of my registered users and pictures. What kind of CMS integration would you recomend?

[edit GauGau]
renamed this thread from "Expanding Gallery?" to "What CMS to use with coppermine" and made it a sticky thread, as this might be interessting for others as well
[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 09:02:43 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Expanding Gallery?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 09:00:49 am »

No matter what CMS you use coppermine with or what bbs your bridge coppermine, you will lose all the users information you have so far (the pics they uploaded will remain, but their use accounts will be disabled). This is what integration/bridging is about: coppermine disables it's own user management in favour of the user management it get's bridged with. Using this design it is able to nicely integrate with all kinds of other apps, with the drawback of leaving all coppermine users during this process. If you have just started your coppermine page, you probably don't have that many users, so it shouldn't be too hard to re-create them in the other apps you decide to use.
The question what CMS to use exactly is merely a matter of taste and what you want to accomplish: phpnuke, postnuke and all those nuke clones bring you a close visual integration of coppermine into the overall site, and they are comparatively easy to administer and maintain. Phpnuke is very buggy and insecure though, and postnuke as well afaik. Our fellow devs of cpgnuke have created a nuke port of their own that comes with coppermine integrated and with a more secure code base, but you have to understand that the coppermine versions cpgnuke is based on differs from "our" standalone version, so there's little I can tell you about compatibility etc. Another well-made port is coppermine for PragmaMX, which mostly has a German user base. The same things apply however as I mentioned for cpgnuke. Our friend Cas has created a coppermine hack for postnuke (pnCPG) that enables standalone coppermine as it is right now to run within an iframe of the postnuke site, which has the benfit of compatibility to "our" standalone coppermine, but the drawback all iframe solutions have.
Personally, I prefer "real" CMS like "mambo server" (or Typo3, which sadly doesn't have a coppermine extension yet): those systems give you more flexibility in terms of page design and can be bridged with the standalone version of coppermine, but you need to invest more time to get those "bigger" apps running in the first place.

HTH

Joachim
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 10:46:50 am by GauGau »

MrPete

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 07:22:33 am »

No matter what CMS you use coppermine with or what bbs your bridge coppermine, you will lose all the users information you have so far (the pics they uploaded will remain, but their use accounts will be disabled)....

With a bit of creative phpMyAdmin work, you don't *have* to lose it all... yet sadly GauGau is correct: you will lose it all unless you go to great lengths to avoid that issue.

Personally, I prefer "real" CMS like "mambo server" (or Typo3, which sadly doesn't have a coppermine extension yet): those systems give you more flexibility in terms of page design and can be bridged with the standalone version of coppermine, but you need to invest more time to get those "bigger" apps running in the first place.
Can't help but put in a 'plug' for the newest CMS integration. e107 is one of those real/big systems... but most people find it easier to install and full of other nice surprises. I'm pretty new to e107 but quite happy with it.

visualingo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 10:16:03 pm »

Do you have a decent link for integrating Coppermine with Mambo? I have both running on my site, but I have Coppermine running as a standalone. I really don't care about the user integration, I'm more concerned with the look being seamless. I've Googled it a bit, but if you know of a link or something I should be looking for, that would be a great help.

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: What CMS to use with coppermine
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 07:21:04 am »

the next version of coppermine (cpg1.4.x) will come with a bridge for mambo. If you don't need user authentification to be in a single place (which is what bridging is all about), you can integrate coppermine visually into your mambo-driven site using mambo's wrapper class. There have been users who used older (experimental) versions of the mambo bridge (which was designed for cpg1.4, mind you) with cpg1.3.x, and they reported that this worked fine. However, I have no actual link that I could post, as this would require me to install mambo and do some tests with bridge versions from the cvs. As you appear to already have mambo set up, you're welcome to take a look around in the web cvs.

Joachim

visualingo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 08:39:30 am »

The wrapper function just creates an IFRAME basically, right? At least that's how it appeared to me when I selected that from the Mambo admin panel. Really didn't look that nice.

I'll try looking into it more and come back and post something about it.

Mastacheata

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 11:08:30 pm »

The Wrapper in Mambo is only an IFRAME.
Integrating it via PHP include would be a lot of Work on the Code Base of Coppermine because you would have to change all paths in each php file of Coppermine.
Would be nice to do but its very hard to do and time expensive if you have not written the code yourself.
Would be a nice feature for CPG 1.4 to work with absolute paths  instead of relative ones...

MonkeyManx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 10:07:51 pm »

Is it possable for programs to use the same user database as coppermine?

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 09:18:25 am »

Of course it is possible, just needs support from the other program.

Rodinou

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Tournicoti, Tournicota
    • http://www.sortons.net
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 11:58:46 am »

and what about Nucleus ???

I would like a thing like ...

title of the post
Category - author

the body text
the extensed text

See Photos > popup with CPG album photo

MIRROR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 08:52:48 am »

I read where some of those CMS are not so favorable for this type of melding together but does this also might apply to phpFusion also?

http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/news.php
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.21stcentury.roxr.com%2Fimages%2Fgraphic.jpg&hash=7ebf523c9828d28aa48211f093b87932c35a1001)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.