Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should have user defined numbers "Custom fields for image description"  (Read 3794 times)

codeslayer

• Coppermine novice

I wish to have user defined number of input fields in "Custom fields for image description" in Config.php
I am not a good programmer, but i have tried hard to alter the existing code to comeup with a solution but unsuccessful.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 12:04:41 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

so the existing fields are not enough for you? Try to descibe what you're trying to accomplish - imo, most issues should be handled with EXIF/IPTC instead of custom fields.

codeslayer

• Coppermine novice

so the existing fields are not enough for you? Try to descibe what you're trying to accomplish - imo, most issues should be handled with EXIF/IPTC instead of custom fields.

I am trying to make a web gallery of our online gift and promotional products. and i need to add more information to be available with the picture. like Price, Minimum order quantity, available quantity, available colors, contact person, emaill address, etc. and i dont have any idea what is exif/iptc and what it does  ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

well, you won't be able to use EXIF for those purposes, so I won't go into detail what exif/iptc is being used for. Your request if very special and only usefull for a small minority of coppermine users, so I'm afraid I have to turn this request down. The existing fields should be enough - more would be confusing. What you're trying to accomplish would need other modifications as well, you might want to take a look at the mods section for shop hacks.
If you want to code this by yourself I recommend not "abusing" the custom user fields for your purpose, but use a different db table instead that could hold all the information you need - will make upgrading to future versions much easier.

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.

On the CPG board there is a section where you can request for Freelance / Paid Help for individual customization of your CPG gallery to your specific requirements.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=30.0
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

codeslayer

• Coppermine novice

On the CPG board there is a section where you can request for Freelance / Paid Help for individual customization of your CPG gallery to your specific requirements.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=30.0

Thanks you OmegaG0D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.