Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [album] allowing rights for multiple groups  (Read 3159 times)

P-o-P

• Coppermine newbie
[album] allowing rights for multiple groups
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:28:33 am »

Hello everyone,

I've installed a 1.3.2 version lately for my personal website and I'm encounting a little problem. I've searched the archives but haven't found (or haven't searched properly) the answer.
I've organised my members in groups: family, friends, surfers, horseriders,... A member can be part of several groups (family + surfers, friends + horseriders + surfers,...).
The problem is that when I add a new album, I might want to allow more than one group to browse it. For example I would like all the friends and surfers group members to be able to browse all the latest surf trip album. The only ways of doing so seems to be:
  • either to add all the friends to the surfers group and allow the surfers group to browse the album. The snag is that this implies to change all of the members one by one (which can get tedious when you have far too many friends, this not being my case) and, most of all, the friends members can now browse all the surfers allowed albums, which is not what I want to achieve.
  • either to create a dedicated group for every multi-group albums and then add the members in this new group. I find this slightly making a mess of the grouping feature
Am I the only jerk to want to do so and, is there a solution (patch, hack, further version to come,...)?

Thank you!

Teune

• Coppermine novice
    • Chicago Area Bird and Wildlife Photos
Re: [album] allowing rights for multiple groups
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 06:04:48 pm »

I have the exact same problem, multiple groups to see and use an album.

Any word on this yet?
Check out my Bird Photo gallery
http://www.chicagobirds.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [album] allowing rights for multiple groups
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 04:26:03 pm »

permissions for multple groups is not supported yet by coppermine. As a workaround, you may create additional groups like "FriendsSurfers" with all members of the "Frineds" and the "Sufers" group being member of this additional group. Then set permissions for the particular album for the new group. I know this is a bit complicated, but like I said: it's a workaround, not an optimal solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.