Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I CAN'T DELETE ALBUMS  (Read 4395 times)

BENJY

• Coppermine newbie
I CAN'T DELETE ALBUMS
« on: May 04, 2005, 10:42:54 am »

Hi
I have checked the permissions for the albums and have tried several times to delete an album which keeps giving me the message files not wiritable and cannot be deleted.
What next ?
I have upgraded to 1.3.3 from  1.3.2 Would this explain the problem?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 04:31:43 pm by TranzNDance »

Nibbler

Re: I CAN'T DELETE ALBUMS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 01:09:25 pm »

CHMOD the albums directory and all directories under it to 777/755.

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 04:33:56 am »

You'll also want to make sure all the files under the albums directory and corresponding sub-directories are also writeable by the webserver... ie CHMOD 777|755
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

BENJY

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 09:25:13 am »

Hi
After searching through the forum I have managed to get into my database and correct the problems. Important to remember only to delete form coppermine and not via ftp.

Thanks for all replies.....Problem solved

simon4of4

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 09:58:22 pm »

I had this same problem.  It turned out that the ownership of the files/folder had been changed to nobody.  I had to have my hosting company change the ownership back to me.  (I would have done this myself but they didn't give me the permission I needed)  I noticed all of the "userpics" folders had been changed to nobody.

Is Coppermine making this change or it is a misconfiguration on my hosting providers server?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 10:32:45 am »

If the webserver runs under the user "nobody", then all folders coppermine will create will be owned by "nobody". You (the human, using your ftp app) will then not own the folders and therefor you won't have permissions to do anything. This is a misconfig of your server imo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.