Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need for 1.2.1 - Usernames only with characters A-Z  (Read 3823 times)

pgt96drvr

• Coppermine regular visitor
Need for 1.2.1 - Usernames only with characters A-Z
« on: May 03, 2005, 11:59:12 pm »

There has to be a small bit of code that I can input that will only allow A-Z characters for the registering of a username. I searched the forum and I can see where the adition of certain characters would cause errors, but I'm jsut looking to abolish all other characters instead.

Thanks guys.  I didn't put this in the paid section, becasue I don;t think that it will take too long for the code for this, but I am willing to pay a little if you would like.

Thanks.

pgt96drvr

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Need for 1.2.1 - Usernames only with characters A-Z
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 12:07:56 am »

Had a brain fart....   

If I go into the database and change the field of the username form "VARCHAR"  to "CHAR"  will this effect my current users with ">" and "<", etc. in their names?  I would flip the switch, but I don't want to mess anything up.

thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.