Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine as download manager  (Read 3665 times)

ewelin

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine as download manager
« on: April 29, 2005, 10:56:07 pm »

I'm looking to use Coppermine for files rather than images. Our website has several files that was want users to be able to download but we also want to have a space where they can upload their own modifications and such for public view. I've been playing around with Coppermine today and figured out how to adjust the DB table for additional file types... I'm curious if anyone else has used coppermine in this fashion?? or if they had a recomendation for a program suited just for those needs. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine as download manager
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 05:19:40 pm »

There are several dedicated download repository apps, e.g paFileDB. I'm certain there are many more, you might want to search the "usual suspects" (hotscripts, Freshmeat, PHP resource index etc. pp). However, Coppermine can be used for this purpose as well, although it is not the original purpose the script was designed for. Therefor, Coppermine lacks some features that other dedicated apps may have.

Joachim

P.S. "Download manager" is the wrong word for what you're after. Usually, you call client software that handles downloads this way (like GetRight, GetGo, FetchIt, FlashGot etc.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.