Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make sigle picture Private ?  (Read 5241 times)

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
Make sigle picture Private ?
« on: November 18, 2003, 02:38:17 pm »

I've look through the entire Forum, here, but could not find anyone asking about making a single picture Private instead of the entire album.
Is there an option in this script? :)
Cheers

P.S. My previous version was 1.2rc2 and after overwriting with 1.2 final I get this error::

Warning: opendir(albums/userpics/Australia/03-CP_BD(13May02)/): failed to open dir: Invalid argument in D:\...\photoAlbum\searchnew.php on line 178

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in D:\...\photoAlbum\searchnew.php on line 179

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in D:\...\photoAlbum\searchnew.php on line 189

BTW I had my folder named: 03-CP_B.D(13.May.02)  <- with dots between.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 08:11:39 pm »

No, the only way you can make a single image private is to place it in its own album.

The warnings are telling you that your directories are not where Coppermine expects them to be or are not properly named. Did you try to move the album folder out of its normal position? Also, you should generally avoid using parentheses in file and directory names.  Try it without the parentheses.
&quot;Then, Fletch,&quot; that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, &quot;let&#039;s begin with level flight . . . .&quot;

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 12:35:12 am »

The thing is that I used DOTS as .  in naming my folders as as I showed in my last line of my first post... CP_B.D(12.May.02) but Coppermine Script looks for CP_BD(12May02) without dots.
I found solution to that: don't ovewrite searchnew.php and use old version of it :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 08:29:25 am »

The "do not display folders with leading dots"-hack only applies to the dev version of coppermine afaik, not to the current stable one, so my first guess is you got your files from the cvs, which is ok, but you shouldn't complain using beta software.

Folder names with leading dots in it are reserved for special purposes in the webserver OS (at least on lunix), so you are required not to have folders with leading dots.
If you must have them, then edit searchnew.php and look for
Code: [Select]
if (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && substr($file,0,1) != "." && $file != "userpics"  && $file != "manipulation" ) {and replace it with
Code: [Select]
if (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && $file != "." && $file != "..") {GauGau

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 02:47:05 pm »

gaugau, have you though of implementing feature such Make a single picture(s) private? in the album that all visitors have access to.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 06:13:17 pm »

no, this is one of the many feature requests that are on my personal "not-so-usefull" list, as this would require heavy changes in the whole structure, additional queries, resulting in more complicated code. It would make administration of the gallery even more complicated (the more settings you offer, the more errors newbies might make). We'll have to clearly see the difference between usability and featuritis.

In other words: I don't have plans to create such a feature, but maybe someone will do a hack (maybe you want to do this?).
As a workaround you could put the extra-protected pic into a subfolder and protect it with webserver means (e.g. .htaccess for the subfolder).

GauGau

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 06:46:52 am »

1)A while ago I figured out how to set the entire Album private but after sorting my albums I cannot find how to set an Album private. Steps: Album List / find any album / Properties ... and? I cannot set it private.
2) Also after sorting my albums one of my albums was overwriten with the contents of the other.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 07:02:57 am »

1) check "groups" settings first
2) sounds hard to believe. Do you have screenshots/dumps?

GauGau

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2003, 07:46:04 am »

The album that is was overwritten I already had fixed. What happened, it just moved all pics from folder X to folder Y and so I had same pictures in X and Y.
I don't think anything is wrong with Groups
Album/Properties <- doesn't have the line where it says who can view pictures :/
Groups

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2003, 07:59:15 am »

Quote from: "Mr_Anderson"
The album that is was overwritten I already had fixed. What happened, it just moved all pics from folder X to folder Y and so I had same pictures in X and Y.
Coppermine won't touch files and move them from folder to folder; this is impossible!

Quote from: "Mr_Anderson"
I don't think anything is wrong with Groups
Album/Properties <- doesn't have the line where it says who can view pictures :/
Groups
But I do think so!

GauGau

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 08:08:55 am »

Maybe you could give me a hint or where should I pay more attention :) becaue I've going back and forwards and right now nothing make sense :shock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.