Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Sub-Albums - I think it would be Great..  (Read 3885 times)

duckxtales

• Coppermine newbie
Request: Sub-Albums - I think it would be Great..
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:05:56 am »

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up or not. I think creating sub albums would be great for the individual users. Right now it seems that users can only create 1 level albums. I have thousands of pics on my drive over the years and i've gone through many ways of organizing it. It seems that the best way is to organize them by Year > Month > and then by day or event/outing name within that month. This makes things much more organized than just having a bunch of alphabetized albums which can get a bit crazy when you have over 100 of them.

thank you all for coppermine... and the headache its caused me to install these mods..

-pat
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 10:13:23 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Request: Sub-Albums - I think it would be Great..
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:13:10 am »

Currently, albums can only hold files, while categories can hold both sub-categories and albums (but not files). Sub-albums have been requested and discussed quite often already, and are scheduled for cpg2.0, which is not the devel version, but a "next generation" version that mostly exists in our minds, there's no actual code yet (well, at least no code that will allow nested albums).
Marking this thread as "invalid", as it has been requested before already and is on the agenda.

Joachim

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 04:15:38 am »

GauGau cpg2.0 does have example code that includes nested albums. But its waaay waaay to0 early to begin talking about feature sets that will or will not be supported in 2.0.

Anythings possible if you have the time and inclination. I am a big proponent of removing the cat structure and making the structure solely based on hierarchical albums.

There's a reason just about every OS in existence uses that structure. [ot] (MPEix is a proprietary OS by HP that did not originally include a hierarchal directory structure, thier default file structure was all uppercase as well. When they were forced to adopt a POSIX shell things got really...REALLY ugly) [/ot]

Oldiesmann

• Coppermine newbie
  • SMF Rules!
    • Archie Comics Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 02:12:41 am »

I think sub-albums would be great as well, or at least the option to let users create their own categories within their personal galleries. I have used the "other" popular gallery software before, and sub-albums is one of the features I like the most with that system.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF Project Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.