Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database Configuration for pnCPG  (Read 7446 times)

bikejen

• Coppermine newbie
Database Configuration for pnCPG
« on: April 25, 2005, 06:20:49 pm »

Hi,
Have a standalone Coppermine 1.3.2 at www.jenford.com/gallery2
mysql database bikejen_copp1  copp1 being the database name
Have a Pnuke .750 at www.jenford.com/photo
mysql database bikejen_pnke2   pnke2 being the database name

Installed pnCPG and activated - but I'm not sure how to configure the tables - Stuck at the section below.

Many Thanks,
Jen Ford

i) User table for Postnuke
The table contained in the PostNuke database holding PostNuke users. Should be clear something like nuke_users

j) User table for Coppermine
The table contained in the Coppermine database holding Coppermine users. should be clear something like cpg_users

k) Coppermine Database :
Preferable the same as your PN database but can be different. Just make sure that the db-user for Postnuke has the same rights on the coppermine database.

Only fill in the next options if your coppermine database is on another server than the Postnuke database.
Normally you should leave them blank.

l) Host for Database name:
m) DB user for host:
n) Password db user:

7. When creating a menu option in PostNuke, link the module into a menu block as {pnCPG}
or as: {pnCPG:main&task=users} to have a direct link into a users gallery.

8. Make this link only available to Registered Users through Permissions (unless you allow guest access).

9. Add a new block and set your preferences for that.

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Re: Database Configuration for pnCPG
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 07:59:53 pm »

i,j & k can be checked by looking in the database with something like mysqladmin. For now just skip step l.
If all fails send me an enmail with admin account and I will adjust for you.
Cas

bikejen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 05:17:59 am »

Thanks - got it going .

Best,
Jen Ford

msbr1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 04:56:19 pm »

I am having a very similar problem... 

I have the latest stable versions of Postnuke (v0.762), Coppermine (v1.4.9), and pnCPG (v3.4) installed.  Postnuke and Coppemine works fine by themselves (http://XXX.com & http://XXX.com/gallery) but the integration does not work correctly:

PROBLEM
If I set pnCPG to be the 'Start Page' under 'Settings', I get two login screens (Postnuke and pnCPG).  Once I login using the postnuke login (the other doesnt seem to work) and go to my homepage, I get 'document not found'.  Also, this is the only way I can get pnCPG/Coppermine to show up at all inside Postnuke...  If I setup any of the pnCPG 'Blocks', they never show up once I login.

I believe it is either related to the pnCPG database/configuration section and/or the coppermine settings... but I am very new to all software involved.

SITE GOAL
I would like to have a the most popular pictures/albums show up on the home page (no login reguired), then once logged in, have a menu item where they can go to their full blown coppermine (without needing to login again), and also have a block that shows the users most recent posts.  All user accounts should be handled through postnuke.

HELP PLEASE
I will be glad to send the login information for the posnuke and coppermine adminrators.  Thanks for making this great integration tool and thanks in advance for the help!

Mike
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:54:58 pm by casNuy »

msbr1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:52:54 pm »

Just wondering... is there like a INSTALL document that goes through the steps of installing/configuring Postnuke - Coppermine - pnCPG.  If not is the an INSTALL document for pnCPG that describes all of the configuration options in detail?

If I had that maybe I could get this thing running.   ???

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 09:42:56 pm »

Mike,
there is an install document inside the pndocs directory of pnCPG.
Am happy to help out if you leave your credentials through a PM.

Before you do that some questions and tips :
Was it a native install of Coppermine ? If so, Coppermine uses encrypted passwords and you need to use Dynamic UserData of Postnuke to make it work or follow the instructions to configure CPG not to use encryption.

Are Postnuke and Coppermine sharing the same DB user, if not currently the case, allow the Postnuke DB user access to ther Coppermine DB for ease of use. In that case the settings for a remote DB can be left empty.

If it still does not work, drop me a PM.

cas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.