Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: custom thumbnails can be uploaded by users  (Read 12007 times)

zhangweiwu

• Coppermine newbie
custom thumbnails can be uploaded by users
« on: April 24, 2005, 05:54:00 am »

I would like to suggest change this RFE to "Allow user to upload the thumbnail of video files."

In my case our users often could create thumbnail for the video files simply by playing the video and take proper screenshot (realone and windows media player cannot take screenshots directly but it happens my users are so advanced to workaroud this), or they can find some image to repersent the video (e.g. use the movie advertisement as thumbnail for a small chip of movie). It's better if there is an 'attach thumbnail' button on 'edit' page of an video file, where the uploader (or people have proper rights) could attach thumbnail image particular for that video.

To make the coding even easier and avoid the trouble of maintaining relationship with video file and it's thumbnail, you can let the user upload thumbnail with any filename, and rename the filename to .thumb....xxx.png (in my case most users won't complain for loosing the original thumbnail filename).

Just my 2 cents. If you like the idea can we make this RFE valid again?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Auto-generate thumbnail for video files
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 09:52:27 am »

What zhangweiwu is requesting is valid and a good point, so let's re-phrase this request: let's have a feature where custom thumbnails can be uploaded by users (using the coppermine UI, not just FTP) - admin settable of course.

Changing thread status from "Invalid" (which is the status of the feature tramfam originally requested) to valid and moving to the corresponding board.

Joachim

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: custom thumbnails can be uploaded by users
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 10:02:40 am »

I split the posts from the original thread and marked that other one invalid. :)

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 07:31:14 am »

It's better if there is an 'attach thumbnail' button on 'edit' page of an video file, where the uploader (or people have proper rights) could attach thumbnail image particular for that video.

This is the only "valid" part of this post, since users can already upload custom thumbnails.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 08:02:24 am »

...if they are gallery admins, but not if they are "regular" users afaik.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.