Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Code Organization?  (Read 7033 times)

libelle

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.fogbound.net
Code Organization?
« on: October 02, 2003, 05:51:27 am »

OK, I know this is a big request...

I'd like to see greater separation of the display and the functional code itself.

For example, I'm working in my spare time on some import/export admin tools so people can import/export to/from SWIGS or other similar galleries. It will also enable the creation of static galleries for distribution on CDROM, for example.

The problem is, the functions are not generalized. I will be implementing my own redundant "add picture" routine, my own redundant "create category" and "create album" routines. This will work, but it introduces a maintenance nightmare.

Ideally, those functions could be moved into some of the include files, so there's just a single point that all other fucntions could call.

Developers, I can imagine you're either laughing or cursing if you've read this far. I know how it is. Please don't take this suggestion as criticism of the code you've already written! It's a great program.
--
SjG

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
Code Organization?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 08:19:01 am »

This is something that we want to accomplish as well, but all the devs need to become more comfortable with the current code, before re-tooling everything under the hood.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.