Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't upload Pictures individulally  (Read 2419 times)

everettcomstock

• Coppermine newbie
Can't upload Pictures individulally
« on: November 19, 2003, 12:27:56 am »

Hey guys... I have a question for you. I have Coppermine installed on my own server, and it seemed to be working fine. I have batch added all of my pics up until now. But I just tried to upload a sinlge image using the "Upload Picture" button and I get the following error.

Failed to create directory albums/userpics/10001 !

Warning: mkdir(albums/userpics/10001): Permission denied in D:\webroot\newphoto\db_input.php on line 222

It seems to be a server permissions problem, (I am running IIS 5.0 with the latest versions of PHP and MySql), but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tested it with both write and execute permissions set on my user galleries, all albums, and the MySql folder where the script accesses the database. I am running out of ideas. Could someone please lend a hand? Thank you very much!
                                                                         Everett

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Can't upload Pictures individulally
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 08:36:09 am »

h, Coppermine is reported to run fine on IIS, so this should be a server config issue, as you say.
The secret is: the equivalent of CHMOD in the windows world is not to grant permissions for everyone, but twi special IIS-users (their naming differs, mostly they are called something like I_USR and I_something). The I_USR is the person surfing your site, the other one is the webserver itself (or the script that is run in the context of the webserver). You have to give permissions in the filesystem to both of them. Also, make sure that the permissions propagate to subfolders.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.