Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving albums amongst categores -- I've read FAQ  (Read 3017 times)

JTynes

• Coppermine newbie
Moving albums amongst categores -- I've read FAQ
« on: April 21, 2005, 09:10:43 pm »

This is driving me bonkers. I know there must be something in place that's not addressed in the FAQ, which BTW lists two different questions regarding moving albums amongst categories but I digress.

When I first got Coppermine going, I uploaded my images into about five albums that I created in my personal galleries. I've now found that is against design, really, as the personal galleries offer additional controls that I don't want or need for these particular images. So now I want to move these albums into the public space I've created, in this case that is Travel/me and the wife.

So I try to do this by accessing the galleries through My Galleries / properties and then select the category of the gallery I want. I even update things but it doesn't go anywhere. It stays right in my Galleries, making me think that there's something I'm missing something. I've gone in and been able to move the individual picture there but I've got 34 images to move and I don't see any bulk controls available.

Why can't I move this more easily. I want to be able to move album "Lebanon" from My Gallery to Travel/me and the wife? I did it as above, as per the FAQ and I'm not having any luck.

I'm not a huge proponent of tagging (a la' Flickr) but it is a very streamlined method. And it appears my images cannot belong in more than one category/album, even if doing so would be helpful.  I'm finding this setup quite confusing for some reason  :-\\

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Moving albums amongst categores -- I've read FAQ
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 12:42:42 pm »

Having pics in more than 1 album is not possible with version 1.3x, but is in 1.4x, which will not be long in coming.

You can move the individual pics, as you have discovered (the easiest way is in the edit files page, where you can do all at once).

You can move albums around in the general cats, but not in the user galleries cat, that is by design.  There is a way around that if you have access to your database, which is to change the album properties there.  Currently, these albums will have a cat id of 10001 or higher.  Changing this to the new cat id is the only way to actually move these albums, but is not recommended.

And moving 34 pics using the edit files manager should only take 5 minutes.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

mistertynes

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 10:11:03 pm »

First off, I'm a tool because I never took proper note of that edit files button on the album page and so moved maybe 25 pictures one at a time. But after reading this I found it and moved another 40 in one fell swoop. Thanks for the heads up on that. It helped a lot.

As for the upcoming 1.4 improvement with categories, I can't wait. I'm eager to get my hands on 1.4. How stable are the nightlies at this point?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 12:06:22 pm »

We don't issue 'nightlies', instead we use cvs to allow up to the minute upgrading.  1.4 is very close to being released as a public beta, it has been in testing beta for a while now.  We do not recommend it for live sites yet, as it is beta we can not offer support.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.