Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange text in upper left corner, only in Firefox  (Read 2856 times)

JTynes

• Coppermine newbie
Strange text in upper left corner, only in Firefox
« on: April 21, 2005, 12:00:47 pm »

I'm not sure why but Firefox and Opera dispaly " ï"¿ " in the upper left corner of all Coppermine pages. This doesn't happen with IE. What is going on and how can I eliminate it? You can ho here: http://www.neckofwoods.com/coppermine/ to compare/contrast.

Thanks!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Strange text in upper left corner, only in Firefox
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 12:10:08 pm »

This is caused by the utf-8 language coding.

You can either switch from the utf-8 version of the language file, or get the latest utf-8 version from the cvs here, where all the utf-8 files have been fixed.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

JTynes

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Strange text in upper left corner, only in Firefox/Opera not IE
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 05:56:38 pm »

Well, instead of updating the language packs, I just went ahead and installed the new 1.3.3 update and that's working just fine on all the main pages.

But ... on the javascript pop-up for the full-size image that little bit of garbage code still exists. Is there any solution that will get rid of it as well. If it's utf-8 related and I've updated the language packs, why would this one particular page still generate this little garbage text?

Thanks!

~Jeff

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 07:59:27 pm »

Well, it seems the english.utf-8.php file has somehow been affected with these characters again.

I have updated the cvs file, but that may take a few hours to catch up.  For the moment, you can use the file version 1.14 attached below.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

JTynes

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 08:52:43 pm »

Perfect. That did the trick dead on, now it displays perfectly in Opera and Firefox.

Thanks!!    :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.