Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable Thumbnails ?  (Read 4724 times)

djtaz

• Coppermine newbie
Disable Thumbnails ?
« on: April 20, 2005, 12:29:43 am »

Hi Guys ,

Here is my problem .... its a bit of a headwrecker ....

I had my whole site running on a win2003 server from home , until i got busy and i moved it to a server that hosted another site i did.
I have coppermine (1.2 standalone) integrated with Vbulletin (not that that matters too much) ... and everything worked like a charm when i upload the lot and re-installed the SQL.

UNTIL i tried to upload a new photo and i discovered that the hosting comapny (1t3.com) didnt support either GD or ImageMagick  ...

The photos that are in there now work great and i have no problems with any of them , and everything works a treat ,except trying to add a new photo.
The error is obviously in the thumbnail creation and as such , i need to disable that. I have found another script for thumbnails that works on the server and doesnt require GD or Imagemagick. I have that working for wallpapers uploads on my site.

If someone could let me know what i need to disable to stop thumbnail creations in coppermine , but still keep all the rest of the information needed , im sure i could modify the code from the other script in such a way that i could get that to make the thumbnails for the gallery and it would all work away again ... i think.

If anyone can help , id be delighted ... thanks in advance

Taz

djtaz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Disable Thumbnails ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 11:48:43 pm »

Anyone ? please ?

any help ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Disable Thumbnails ?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 10:21:42 am »

upload your files using ftp, then use batch-add to add the pics to the database. If you created the thumbnails and intermediates (respecting the naming convention), coppermine won't try to build the thumbnails itself, but use the files you uploaded. This way, coppermine won't "complain". What you're trying to do defeats the purpose of coppermine though, therefor there's little support to expect - the minimum requirements for coppermine include an image library (GD or IM), if you don't have them, I suggest you look for another app. Using the outdated version cpg1.2.x isn't recommended at all when starting from scratch. I recommend finding another webhost that has GD, which has become quite standard for webhosting packages that have PHP and mySQL, as recent builds of PHP come with GD by default.
The naming convention usually looks like this
Full-sized file: yourfile.jpg
Intermediate: normal_yourfile.jpg
Thumbnail: thumb_yourfile.jpg
You can change the prefixes for intermediates and thumbs in coppermine's config (once, before you actually add files to coppermine!).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.