Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showing originals instead of normal_  (Read 3595 times)

vlada

• Coppermine newbie
Showing originals instead of normal_
« on: April 19, 2005, 10:21:59 pm »

Hello,
I have Gallery with large PNG files in 720x576 resolution. I want to have displayed slides in the same size, but JPEG compressed. Coppermine created the correct slides, but doesen't use them. It shows the large PNGs directly. I believe it is because of the same resolution of both pictures. Dou you have any idea how to fix this?
Thank you.
P.S. I wrote about an incorrect extension (PNG instead of JPG) in another thread. It might be the reason for the strange bahaviour too.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 12:15:09 am by GauGau »

krkeegan

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • ahh the life...
    • Kevin's Photos
Re: Showing originals instead of normal_
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:36:02 pm »

Hmm I am not sure I understand what your problem is exactly. Can you post a link to your gallery? CPG can do what you are asking I just need to understand exactly how you want it to work.

Kevin
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. -Mr. Mackey, South Park

vlada

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 05:38:18 pm »

Se here is the link to my gallery. It is a comparison of different deinterlace algorithms.
I'll try to explain my problem more clearly, sorry for my poor English. I have originals in PNG with resolution of 720x576. But I don't won't to show them directly (after clicking a thumbnail). Instead of it I want to display JPEG compressed images (with the same resolution), with links to the originals in PNG. But if I click a thumbnail, Coppermine will display the original PNG image directly, although it created the correct JPEGs with a prefix "normal_". The cause of the problem might be in the fact, that the automatically created JPEG images have a .png extension.
To administrate the gallery you can use login/password *******/*******. You can do with the gallery anything you want. If you need also access to the FTP, please send me an email to vladovi@atlas.cz.

[edit GauGau]
Removed admin login/password. Don't post such information on a public board, a malvolent user might ruin your whole site. I strongly suggest you change the password of the above mentioned account immediately.
[/edit]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 08:03:27 am by GauGau »

krkeegan

• Contributor
  • ahh the life...
    • Kevin's Photos
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 06:56:17 pm »

Yeah I think you are right. If you are correct a simple solution is to make you intermediate photos slightly smaller.

If all of your pix on your site are 720 x 576 pixels. try setting the intermediate to 719 pixels.

This will slightly resize your photos, but it should solve your problem.

Kevin

vlada

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 03:48:05 pm »

Yes, I though about this solution too, but the sad truth is, that the pictures cannot be resized. I don't know how much you know about processing interlaced video, but one of the main backdraws is that it cannot be resized easilly.
Doy you have any other idea how to fix this? Shouldn't this be announced as a bug? I believe Coppermine should either use the JPEGs or shouldn't create them at all.
Thank you,
Vlada

krkeegan

• Contributor
  • ahh the life...
    • Kevin's Photos
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 09:32:09 pm »

Hmm yeah I don't think this is a bug. Someone obviously coded the program to act this way. I think I am just missing something here. Usually one of the smarter guys comes around by now to add their 2 cents.

You can turn off the creation of intermediate pix as you mentioned, but I think there is a solution to your problem I just don't know it.

Kevin

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 02:44:47 pm »

Can you set your 'Use dimension (width or height of Max aspect for thumbnail)' in config to 'Max Aspect' and see what happens. I think there may be a teeny bug in picmgmt.inc.php.

vlada

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 05:39:46 pm »

Nibbler> That solved the problem, thank you very much.
GauGau> I deleted the account login/psswd I posted here before. As I was in a phase of setting up the gallery, I wouldn't care to much if somebody destroyed it. But I hope people are not so bad :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.