Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG Remote Access API V 0.3  (Read 76412 times)

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
Re: CPG Remote Access API V 0.3
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 12:28:09 pm »

Not yet. We may release it with 1.5 and there's no date for 1.5's release yet :)
--- "Its Nice 2 BE Important but its more Important 2 Be NICE" ---
Follow Coppermine on Twitter

WatchDog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 12:32:48 pm »

so, and what you may release it with 1.5 is not strong too?  ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 08:36:18 am »

The term "new" is a bit vague. If you refer to cpg1.5.x, then no: the API designed during the GSoC 2007 has not been released in a package nor documentation-wise, although it is publicly accessible by checking out the subversion repository. If you refer to cpg1.4.x, then yes: the API exists and has been released (it ships with the package), however there is only little documentation available.

WatchDog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2007, 08:58:06 am »

I just asked about "new" API. Aditya said (in August 08):
Thanks for your efforts. BUT this API will soon become history and will be replaced with a complete and better API. So I would suggest you to wait till the mid of next month and then program your client according to new API specs.

and I just curious about this :)

Thanks!

WBR, Anton.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2007, 09:23:00 am »

There is no point in this speculation: the devs are not sure wether the new api will go into cpg1.5.x or not. Currently, the cpg1.5.x projected has two branches: the main one under development (the trunk) and the one that was designed during GSoC2007 that yet needs to be merged with the trunk. The only point of adding an improved API would be the additional benefit: if there is no benefit, we won't add it. Currently, the API exists in a rough stage, but neither the coppermine core code makes use of it, nor are there any external programs that make use of the API (not even a demonstration).
We (the coppermine devs) are willing to integrate the new API before the release of cpg1.5.x, but we're not sure if this will happen in time.
Bottom line: we can't give you any news on this that are worth mentioning in terms of coding coppermine add-ons.

WatchDog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2007, 09:27:07 am »

okay. Thanks a lot!

WBR, Anton.

stwf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 05:30:29 pm »

Hi,

Just so you know. I'm a Coppermine user/fan and I'm developing a Mac photo app and I'd like it to integrate with Coppermine. I will support the  current API as best I can. It's difficult to find the docs at all (even sparse ones would be a help). Any links would be appreciated.

From what I've reade it doesn't let you creare folders. That would be one feature I'd like to see. Its a common practice, when returning to vacation to upload a bunch of pics into a new folder. So this would be a needed feature for a desktop front end to be really useful.

Thanks
steve

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 08:19:10 am »

The API will be completely overhauled for cpg1.5.x, so if you're starting a fresh work I suggest looking into the future release cpg1.5.x. For a start, please perform a checkout of the cpg1.5.x trunk of the subversion repository. Alas, there is still little documentation available.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.