Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub-categories in "User Galleries"?  (Read 2648 times)

SilentNoise

• Coppermine newbie
Sub-categories in "User Galleries"?
« on: April 18, 2005, 10:42:37 am »

Is this possible? From what I've found, only the Admins can create their own albums in the categories outside of "User Galleries"..... true?...... or am I on crack yet again?
I've gone looking through this support forum a bit, but haven't dug anything up that I've found helpful. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot?...so forgive me if I'm repeating another person's question for the gazillionth time.

Anyway, right now I'm setting up a my first gallery for a friend's Mustang site that I'm in the process of remodeling (here's the gallery so far: http://www.canadianmustangs.com/gallery) and I've run into what I consider to be a problem...

He wants me to see if I can set it up so it can be divided into years, and let people be able to post/update their own album in the category that fits their model year, and not even bother with the "User Galleries" category that we're finding pretty useless right now, UNLESS there's a way to create these as subcategories in the "User Galleries" (which I haven't found yet).

For example:

- 2005+
        - person 1
        - person 2
- 1999 to 2004
        - person 3
        - person 4
- 1994 to 1998
        - person 5
        - person 6
- 1979 to 1993
        - person 7
        - person 8
- The Classics
        - person 9
        - person 10
- Non-Mustangs
        - person 11
        - person 12

So ya, if there's a way to either create sub-categories in the "User Galleries" or let them create albums in the additional categories, that would work great.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 11:06:24 am by SilentNoise »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.