Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Query about Batch Add (admin mode)  (Read 5002 times)

sdousley

• Coppermine newbie
Query about Batch Add (admin mode)
« on: April 13, 2005, 09:02:15 pm »

Using cpg 1.2 (standalone) version.

When i choose batch add, it all works nicely, but it's only me that admins the site (only a very small site).

What i want is instead of using owner_id == 0 for batch added pictures, i want it to use owner_id == 3.

How would i go about doing this? I have tried setting the default of owner_id in the pictures table from 0 to 3, but that didn't solve the problem.

What do i need to do?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Query about Batch Add (admin mode)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 10:07:28 am »

only the admin can use batch-add, because you need to ftp-upload files before doing a batch add. Granting other users ftp access to your site is a huge security risk, that's why only the admin can batch-add. It's not recommended at all to change this default behaviour. Remove the security check in searchnew.php to grant everybody access to the batch-add feature, or modify it accordingly to suit your needs if you absolutely need this feature available for everyone, but keep in mind: you have been warned! Granting ftp-access to your site is an invitation to all black-hat hackers and script kiddies.

Joachim

sdousley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 02:01:15 pm »

sorry, i think you have misread my question.

What i want to do is, not allow everyone batch add, but allow my user (i have admin rights)

I have found a solution to my problem now anyway, i edited line:

picmgmt.inc.php line 67:

$user_id = GALLERY_ADMIN_MODE ? 0 : USER_ID;

Changed the 0 to a 3. 3 being the user id of my admin account, so that any batch added pics (only me allowed to do so) are accredited to my account.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 05:45:17 pm »

I recommend you upgrade to 1.3.2.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

sdousley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 02:35:37 pm »

I originally used 1.3.2, but couldn't find a hack/mod to make the passwords encrypted.  I prefer the features of 1.3.x, but couldn't find that key feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.