Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is there a script to upgrade from Albinator to Coppermine???  (Read 4480 times)

DusX

• Coppermine newbie
is there a script to upgrade from Albinator to Coppermine???
« on: February 23, 2005, 05:00:19 am »

Please - Please - Please

I currenlty have albinator and would love to use Coopermine instead.. but I have 500 users and can't afford to mess it up.

HELP???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: is there a script to upgrade from Albinator to Coppermine???
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 06:50:21 am »

Scanning though the search results for the term "albinator" I don't think that a convertor has been posted, and I think it is unlikely it will be done in the near future (after all it's a commercial app costing approx. $100, so no dev team member will buy it just to write a convertor). If you desperately need it, you will have to code it or hire someone to code it for you (although I'm not sure about the overall structure of albinator though). Sorry.

Joachim

stenjo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 01:26:51 am »

Hi!
I'm working on a converter from Albinator (A) to Coppermine (C) at this very moment. Currently I am able to transfer most of the pictures from A to C, but there are still tweaks I have to sort out. The occational picture in an album does not show up correctly.

I do no picture resizing, just porting the pictures (full images, and thumbnails) from A .
I am also transferring all pictures in A to the User Galleries in C, and have not found a way to link these pictures to the categories defined in C yet.
Besides, can anyone tell me the difference between the table fields filesize and total_filesize in the pictures table of C?

My convertor works for a C installation bridged with phpBB, as my A installation was.

What would the best way be to insert the forum images as these originally was contained in a forum (phpBB) thread, not in an album?

See the convertor result so far: http://stempelhobby.no/gallery/index.php

Regards,
/Sten

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 05:19:57 pm »

filesize is the size of the original pic, total filesize is the size of the (thumb + resized version + original pic)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.