Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cant upload pictures anymore?  (Read 11917 times)

sicily18

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • are you ready for whats next..?
cant upload pictures anymore?
« on: January 06, 2005, 10:38:18 pm »

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file ./albums/edit/mURI_temp_0f4de329.png because Permission denied in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 1788

Warning: is_file(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/mURI_temp_0f4de329.png (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 1791

File Name/URL   Error Message
1. http://tinypic.com/16ovw7   Cannot create write file.

is what it says! i can n ow only batchadd files  :\'( can anyone help, whats wrong?  ???

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: cant upload pictures anymore?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 08:41:27 am »

Make sure the albums and edit folders are writable by webserver
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

sicily18

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 01:22:35 pm »

Make sure the albums and edit folders are writable by webserver

do i need to contact my host for that? where do i edit it?  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 05:03:00 am »

No, CHMOD as suggested in the documentation that comes with coppermine (using your FTP app). There's a link there as well that will lead you to several tutorials on CHMOD. If your webhost doesn't give you ftp-access at all, you will surely have some sort of control panel that let's you set permissions. Only if none of these solutions apply (i.e. you're using a pre-installed coppermine and you don't have any means of setting permissions for yourself) you should contact your webhost (as they are probably fed up with users asking how to CHMOD / change permissions). Maybe your webhost has some docs on their page that explain permissions as well.

Joachim

sicily18

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 09:20:20 pm »

No, CHMOD as suggested in the documentation that comes with coppermine (using your FTP app). There's a link there as well that will lead you to several tutorials on CHMOD. If your webhost doesn't give you ftp-access at all, you will surely have some sort of control panel that let's you set permissions. Only if none of these solutions apply (i.e. you're using a pre-installed coppermine and you don't have any means of setting permissions for yourself) you should contact your webhost (as they are probably fed up with users asking how to CHMOD / change permissions). Maybe your webhost has some docs on their page that explain permissions as well.

Joachim

thanx man, but thats not what i mean, what you mean is batchadding right? with chmod changing to 777. i mean, i cant just upload a pic thru the normal menu.  :\'(

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 02:16:25 am »

There is a whole board dedicated to helping folks with upload problems, I've moved your post to it.

Please read the stickies in this forum as they cover most of the problems.

After you have read and followed the advice in the stickies and FAQ, you can post the results here and request aditional help if still needed.

sicily18

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 01:21:54 am »

let me rephrase my starting post in this thread.

when i use the upload file option on the site (not batch add), i go in and i select the number of files i want to upload, and then when i hit continue and the next page loads, at the top above the header it says,

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 453

then after they upload, on the page where you usually select where they go, it says at the top above the header

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_4941b7d3.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpIhMhae' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_4941b7d3.jpg' in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_5ac50800.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php9yMdrL' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_5ac50800.jpg' in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_a401a929.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpWdPrIi' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_a401a929.gif' in /home/tempting/public_html/upload.php on line 1197

and it says the files i tried to upload failed/or had errors.

File Name         URL Error Message
1. top.jpg                   Impossible to move.
2. showtimedvd.jpg     Impossible to move.
3. green-03.gif            Impossible to move.

i dont know if that helps more, but its a better description.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 02:06:59 am »

Stat failed for ... (errno=13 - Permission denied)

Permissions for the directory in question are incorrect.  Change the permissions to 755 (or 777 if that doesn't work).
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

sicily18

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 09:43:39 pm »

Stat failed for ... (errno=13 - Permission denied)

Permissions for the directory in question are incorrect.  Change the permissions to 755 (or 777 if that doesn't work).

i tried to change it, but it keeps changing back. darn i have no idea ( properties public html)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 10:49:29 pm »

If you have some sort of control panel, set the permissions from there.  If that fails, ask your host to set them for you.  Check the albums directory and make sure its' permission is also 755 (or 777).
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

sicily18

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 08:15:30 pm »

If you have some sort of control panel, set the permissions from there.  If that fails, ask your host to set them for you.  Check the albums directory and make sure its' permission is also 755 (or 777).

we just use ftp, but we also have c panel, do we have to edit something there?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 08:23:22 pm »

Use the control panel File Manager to change permissions on files

macmaris

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 01:14:03 pm »

I have the same problem since a couple of days. But i have no idea why. Everything works well in the past. I did not change anything.

The edit folder is chmod to 755. If I try to change the permission to 777 via ftp -> error 550 permission denied. So I can not change the permissions.

What kind of control panel you talk about above?
I don't  have a control panel for cpg!?

Please help. I have no idea!!!

macmaris

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 01:39:43 pm »

Solved  :D

I couldn't set the right permissions to the edit folder and could not delete this folder.
But, I could rename the folder and upload it new and set the permissions right!!!

Thanks

chicouk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 08:58:49 pm »

hey all

for some reason

when i select 777 it says i am not authorised to view the site (aka gallery) but when i select 755 it allows me to view the gallery but of course wont let met upload

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 06:52:00 am »

permissions on the edit folder are not related to the ability to view the gallery. What permissions need to be set to be able to upload (777 vs 755 vs some other settings) differ, depending on server setup. Ask your webhsot what CHMOD settings are needed to give the php script write access.

Joachim

sicily18

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 12:07:37 pm »

ive tried to replace the upload.php.

still no suc6. and i changed all folders in public html to 777.

this kinda sux  :-X

sicily18

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 06:00:18 pm »

can someone please help me?  :\'(

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2005, 04:01:06 am »

PM me all the particulars for your gallery so I can FTP in, and login to your gallery as an admin.

sicily18

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2005, 05:17:08 pm »

PM me all the particulars for your gallery so I can FTP in, and login to your gallery as an admin.

ok i will, but my host moved it to a bigger server, and now its saying permission denied when i try to enter the public html  ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.