Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks good, but installing is difficult  (Read 4917 times)

Django940

• Coppermine newbie
Looks good, but installing is difficult
« on: April 07, 2005, 10:09:42 am »

I've been trying to get CPG running, but stopped installing after 3 nights working on MySQL and the other stuff.

Is it true that you need to have some knowledge about PHP and MySQL before you can run CPG ?

Don't read this message as a question, i've stopped implemeting CPG. I wanted it to use on a website of a friend of mine, but will now build something else.

Best regards from Holland and keep up the good work
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 09:30:10 am by GauGau »

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
Re: Looks good, but installing is difficult
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 10:20:13 am »

Is it true that you need to have some knowledge about PHP and MySQL before you can run CPG ?

Not it is not true
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 10:25:31 am »

I've been trying to get CPG running, but stopped installing after 3 nights working on MySQL and the other stuff.

Don't read this message as a question, i've stopped implemeting CPG. I wanted it to use on a website of a friend of mine, but will now build something else.

Best regards from Holland and keep up the good work
me thinks you did not read the manual. Otherwise, it is not that difficult. If you have trouble creating the database and the user, that has nothing to do with coppermine since those are done outside of coppermine.

Making such generalizations without concrete examples kinda sounds like trolling, IMO. Maybe you genuinely had trouble with it, but I don't see the point in posting about it if you don't provide specific feedback. There are a lot of photo galleries I did not use, but I'm not going to post about it in their forums. :P

Django940

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 10:41:01 am »

Oke,

Maybe it was better not to post and keep the comment for meself. I've read all the documentation about CPG but that is not the issue. I was hoping that installing CPG could be done in a "easy way", but I don't have any knowledge about PHP and MySQL I've read about every topic in installation&setup, but.......also I've read the supportforum of MySQL.

Greetings

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 10:48:41 am »

Well TranzNDance is true in a way - messages like yours can be considered trolling - most people manage to install CPG in about 5 min and easy installation is the reason that we have a million + downloads....

Most web host create a database for you and give use the database name the database user name and database password as well.

So in case you are inclined you can start with telling us where you are stuck and givng us more information to let us help you - in case you do not want to be helped then go in peace....

Cheers

Django940

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 11:32:02 am »

I think that the main problem is that the ISP hasn't provide a database name and passwd on the server. Is this item also in the documentation ? Is there a topic related to this (on this forum) or should I start looking in other forums in creating a related databse ?

THX for the help, after all I think I will try again to install, that will say if I succeed in creating the database.

In case of any other items I will post, with a good description of the problem

Django940

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 12:01:10 pm »

OK,

THX to the info of Tarique I've been able to take a little step forward.  I've contacted the ISP and the are willing to add a MySQL db to the site. Although I started this topic with the intention of not installing CPG, now I will resume my efforts in implementing.

So this topic can be closed !!

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 12:03:09 pm »

great - see sometimes it is better not to be hasty - now you know that your webhost does not give a database by default :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.