Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question About Category Pictures  (Read 3223 times)

cassie396

• Coppermine regular visitor
Question About Category Pictures
« on: April 07, 2005, 02:54:51 am »

Hi,

I recently scoured your board for information on how to use pictures in the category descriptions for Coppermine (as I was inspired by the layout of gobritney.com).  I ended up patching the catdesc to allow html and managed to get it to work. This board I installed fresh not a month ago with the most current version (at least I thought it was?) of Coppermine.

Then I went to one of my other websites and was adding some pictures when I noticed that it has category pictures hardwired right into the program. I couldn't believe it. But now I can't figure out which version it is and why the newest one wouldn't have that feature. The copies that allow cat pix I installed sometime last summer (July to be exact).

Did I download an old version? Where can I find this version (that allows cat pix) of Coppermine?

Thanks,
Cassie
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 03:33:48 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Question About Category Pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 02:57:48 am »

Version 1.3 supports category thumbnails and is the most recently released version.

If you do a view source on any gallery page and look right at the end you will see the version, like this:

Code: [Select]
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2-->

cassie396

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 02:23:59 am »

I figured out that the category picture option doesn't come up unless there are albums with pictures in that category. Just to let those of you who are wondering know.................

Now I have another question: is there a way to select a size for the category pictures? I didn't see a setting in the config section, but I thought I might have missed it. Also, it takes the picture and scrunches them mercilessly until you can barely recognize the subject in the pic.

Any suggestions?

~ Cassie

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 02:45:33 am »

That would be the setting 'Size of thumbnails in pixels' under 'Album list view' on your config screen. Both album and cat thumbs share the same setting.

cassie396

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 03:32:11 am »

Thanks, that helped A LOT!!

~ Cassie  :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.