Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non coppermine relevant (paid) support?  (Read 5246 times)

hama

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Non coppermine relevant (paid) support?
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:39:18 pm »

Is it possible to ask for non coppermine relevant (paid) support?

It has to do with php and above all css.

If yes I'll post the problem, if no one of the dev team can delete this topic.

Thanks  :)

hama
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 10:02:48 pm by GauGau »
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights! - Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Non coppermine relevant (paid) support?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 07:34:08 am »

go ahead, just make it clear in your posting that you're asking for non-coppermine-related paid support. It's perfectly OK imo to look for a freelancing coder over this sub-board (just as long as you don't look for people to repair your car or trim your lawn ;)).

Joachim

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 09:58:35 pm »

Ok, no problem, my car and lawn are fine ...  ;)

--> Important: I ask for non-coppermine-related paid support.

I'm looking for a solution about music on my website. At the moment "music for my site" is integrated as anycontent in the gallery (iframe ...). That's not bad and is working good. "Without login" radio stations, "with login" some music more (gallery login with test test).

--> http://www.orst.ch/copper/index.php

But when I start the music and go back to the startpage the design is not fine and in Firefox the sound doesn't work.

Maybe I need two css-files (one for IE and one for FF). Maybe there is a better solution than music as anycontent (a button on the startpage on/off music)?.

If somebody is interested to help I can describe the problem and the wishes better.

My idea for payment are DVD's / CD's through amazon.

hama
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights! - Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 11:43:23 pm »

I recommend using some sort of pop up window to play the music.  This way it will play while your members move from page to page.  They were pretty popular a few years ago - you may have some luck Googling for it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 12:37:09 am »

What about all the users with pop up blockers? That's maybe a problem for them when they don't know how to disable the blocker for a specific site (or at school where the kids not have enough rights to disable the blocker, ok, I know, at school they should learn and not listen to music ...  ;) ... but sometimes music gives energy for a new learning session). The idea for itself is good, so the music would be in a different window and would have nothing to do with the design of the website.

And what about flash?

I'll google a bit and have a look to this topic from time to time.

hama

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 02:56:41 pm »

Someone can close this one.

kegobeer gave me the idea around popup window and for that I opened a new topic.

Thanks

hama
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.