Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with integration cpg 1.2.1 + phpBB 2.0.11 on subdomain  (Read 8750 times)

postkat

• Coppermine newbie
    • postkat.nl

Hi there,

I really hope there's someone here who can help me with the following problem....

I had a fully functioning Coppermine gallery 1.2.0 intergrated with phpBB running on my website www.alllemaalkatten.nl but some time ago i decided to put the forum with gallery on its own subdomain at http://prikbord.allemaalkatten.nl.
Moving the files was no problem, i didn't have to move the database and the gallery did function on the subdomain; users were able to create their own albums and upload pictures and everything was working fine, or so i thought....

Some time later i discovered (perhaps after upgrade to phpBB2.0.11?*) that i coudn't manage the categories anymore, i only got to see a blank page.... and recently i discovered that all pictures were placed directly in the albums/userpics directory in stead of their own directories inside the userpics folder.
When creating a new album there were no errors displayed but no folder was created.

After looking for a solution on this forum i decided to upgrade to the latest version and now i wish in hadn't because after the upgrade i discovered the latest version doesn't work with the Zend (somewhat older) version that's on the server my domain is on..  :(
So i had to install the older version of Coppermine (1.2.1) again and since then nothing works as it should.

Installation without integration is no problem but as soon as i set the cookiepath to phpbb and uncomment the 'define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'phpbb');'  line the problems start.
I cannot see the categorymanager page anymore and..   when i go to the gallery and try to log in i am redirected to the indexpage of phpBB, where i am logged in automaticly but when i return to the gallery i am not logged in. When i log out on the forum and log in again and then go to the gallery i am logged in (in admin mode) but as soon as i hit one of the links on the page i'm logged out again.

I have checked and doublechecked everything but i cannot find out what goes wrong.

in phpbb.inc.php the webpath is set to 'http://prikbord.allemaalkatten.nl/'
in init.inc.php the line 'define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'phpbb');' is uncommented
and in the configuration table the cookie is set to 'phpbb2mysql' and the path to '/'

The Coppermine folder is http://prikbord.allemaalkatten.nl/cpg/

*I did recently updated to phpBB 2.0.11 but i don't know when the problems started, judging on the images that are uploaded outside the folders it started immediatly after the move.

regards,
Dorine

Nibbler

Re: problem with integration cpg 1.2.1 + phpBB 2.0.11 on subdomain
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 07:03:51 pm »

Have you set coppermine's cookie name to phpbb2mysql by any chance ??

The folder issue is likely caused by having silly_safe_mode defined in your config.inc.php.

Can we have a test user account please.

postkat

• Coppermine newbie
    • postkat.nl
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 08:33:47 pm »

Yes, as i mentioned in my firtst post, the cookie name is set to phpbb2mysql.

I don't know if  the define silly_safe_mode in config.inc.php could be responsible for the folder problem but that is the least of my problems at the moment. (i've deleted the line after reading your post by the way, it doesn't make any difference on the other issue)

A test useraccount is probably not very usefull, since it isn't possible to log in, but if you wish you can register at http://prikbord.allemaalkatten.nl.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 08:39:00 pm »

I'm not going to register.

Your cookie name should not be phpbb2mysql. It should be something like 'cpg' - ie. different to the board, as stated in the documentation.

postkat

• Coppermine newbie
    • postkat.nl
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 08:42:54 pm »

I quote from the readme document.

"If you are using phpBB 2, go to the admin control panel and check that "Cookie domain" corresponds to your domain, "Cookie name" is "phpbb2mysql" and "Cookie path" is "/".

"

postkat

• Coppermine newbie
    • postkat.nl
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 08:47:48 pm »

When i enable the debug mode

The errormessage is:

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 92 bytes in /home/httpd/vhosts/allemaalkatten.nl/subdomains/prikbord/httpdocs/cpg/bridge/phpbb.inc.php on line 77

line 77 is:  $sessiondata = unserialize($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[PHPBB_COOKIE_PREFIX . '_data']);

???

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 08:51:17 pm »

The 'admin control panel' is the phpbb admin control panel. Please do not quote bits of the documentation at me, I am fully aware of its contents.

The error is caused by the bridge file attempting to authenticate you with what it thinks is the phpbb cookie. In fact it is the coppermine cookie under the wrong name. You should clear your cookies after changing the cookie name approprriately.

postkat

• Coppermine newbie
    • postkat.nl
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 09:21:34 pm »

I am sorry if i offended you in any way that was not my intention,  but it is not very clearly stated in the documentation that it is about the 'admin control panel' of the bulletinboard and not about the controlpanel of Coppermine.

The login problem is indeed solved by setting the cookie name to cgp, thank you, but the folder problem still exists.

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 09:39:22 pm »

No problem. :)

Coppermine will not create new folders under userpics if silly_safe_mode is defined in your config.inc.php. Check that file for a mention of silly_safe_mode. If you remove the line and coppermine still works then problem solved.

postkat

• Coppermine newbie
    • postkat.nl
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 10:13:39 am »

I was convinced i had uploaded config.inc.php without the 'silly safe mode' line but it was in the wrong includes directory. :-[

OK, so far the folder and the login issue are solved.  :)  but i still have something weird going on with the category manager.(catmgr.php)
Whem i go to phpBB i am automaticly logged in, i go to the gallery, admin mode and click on the categories button..... i see a blank page. But whem i look in the source of that page in can see the html of the page is there!

When i logout, throw away my cookies and go through the same steps as above, i do see the categorie manager page! but only after a "fresh" login, the next time the page is blank again... ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.