Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine and phpBB  (Read 3901 times)

James Glasheen

• Coppermine novice
    • South East Art
Coppermine and phpBB
« on: April 02, 2005, 02:54:15 pm »

Hi all, I'm using Coppermine 1.3.1 and phpBB 2.0.11 and would like to have one sign-on for the two and thus integrate the gallery and forum.

Firstly, which should take presedent, the userid and pw in the gallery or the forum.  I'm worried about interferring with the albums if I change anything as the siteis already up and running!

Please see South East Art.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Coppermine and phpBB
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 02:58:45 pm »

If you read the documentation, it explains how the bridging process works.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

James Glasheen

• Coppermine novice
    • South East Art
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 03:21:13 pm »

OK, I've had a read but I'd loose all my user settings in coppermine so I'll keep them sepaerate.

Cheers

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 04:32:29 pm »

That's one of the drawbacks to integrating after you have users in your Coppermine gallery.  It is possible to have everything match up after integrating, but it isn't an automated process.  It would involve writing down the userid's from your phpBB user table, writing down the userid's from your Coppermine user table, matching them up correctly, then using a tool like phpMyAdmin to change all the userid's to match up correctly.  You'd also have to rename the physical user directory.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

James Glasheen

• Coppermine novice
    • South East Art
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 06:53:27 pm »

What I really want to do to encourage users to register and then log-on is to seperate part of the forum and the useful content an place into the once logged in zone.

I still need the public to browse the art however and in part to contribute to the forum.

I have already done this in the forum via group permissions but do you have any advice for the gallery?

JG

Texan78

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 08:35:46 am »

sounds like to me you would like phpBB plus and just change this links from the smartor gallery to the coppermine gallery. Thats what i did, everything is built in but still seperate if you get what im saying. I would show you an example but my gallery is down right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.