Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Additional Configuration For Ratings, etc.  (Read 3325 times)

ytknows

• Coppermine newbie
Additional Configuration For Ratings, etc.
« on: April 02, 2005, 01:01:07 pm »

First, I love CPG and would just like to add my reccomendations, I think these would improve the gallery a lot.
If anyone would like to make these, please do, but I'm not expecting anything. Just sharing my opinion!

It would add a thousand functions (for me) to make all the picture information configurable... for instance

1) add the option to change the Star Rating to a 2 (or more) option choice (for instance, "DAY" and "NIGHT" that would display an icon on the
displayimage.php page, where the current star rating is... it would (optionally, of course) only be adjustable by the person who uploaded
the picture, or edited by an admin. If that option were off, it would just display the Icon that had the largest vote tally.

2) requiring the album name (or any of the specifics under image description)
to be typed twice to confirm the user got it right (i'm cataloging my files and those album names get entered
in incorrectly sometimes and screw my brain up  ;) )

3) basically, just any type of more in-depth configuration for all that information taken when you upload a picture, and displayed on displayimage.php

either way, CPG > *

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Additional Configuration For Ratings, etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 06:09:04 pm »

It would be better if you post individual requests in different threads to make it easier for us to accept/deny them.

ytknows

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 11:08:29 pm »

the reason I didn't split this into multiple threads is because I thought these things would all be a part
of an overhaul of the image information. Basically, you could just skip 1 & 2 and look at the idea of
making the image information more configurable.

Sorry for lumping these into one thread.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 12:52:08 am »

Such information can be plugin controlled in 1.4
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.