Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display User Galleries  (Read 11051 times)

Charles Scott

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Holiday Confusion
Display User Galleries
« on: March 31, 2005, 11:17:06 pm »

I just installed my Coppermin 1.3 and it is awesome. Primarily this is for users to upload into their own galleries so there is no main gallery.

2 questions:

1) How do I give users access to upload into a main gallery album? It does not want to give them rights to do it.

2) On my main gallery page, how do I display all the user's galleries? Right now it just says "User galleries" and you have ot click the link to see the individual galeries.

If you want to see what I am running, you can goto http://wwgallery.dungeonkeepersdomain.com
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:11:21 am by GauGau »

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: Display User Galleries
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 11:37:26 pm »

Please Post one question per thread!  Please also search the board before posting a question to the board as your questions have already been asked and answered.

1) How do I give users access to upload into a main gallery album? It does not want to give them rights to do it.

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#group_cp
Make sure "Can Upload Files" is set for the said user group and "Public Upl. Approval" is set to OFF

2) On my main gallery page, how do I display all the user's galleries? Right now it just says "User galleries" and you have ot click the link to see the individual galeries.

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#config_album_list
Under "Number of levels of categories to display" set this greater than 2.

--OmegaGOD

Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Charles Scott

• Holiday Confusion
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 12:50:53 am »

Quote from: OmegaGOD
Please Post one question per thread!
Sorry, won't happen again

Please also search the board before posting a question to the board as your questions have already been asked and answered.
I did search. I just did not find the answer I was looking for.

Make sure "Can Upload Files" is set for the said user group and "Public Upl. Approval" is set to OFF
Duh! I did not modify the album and set to allow visitors to upload. Please ignore this question and concentrate on the other question.

Under "Number of levels of categories to display" set this greater than 2.
Mine is set to "5".

You see, I read the manual and it is not behaving like the manual says. That is whay I posted these questions.

Ideas?

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 01:35:34 am »

Thanks for reading the manual. Most don't. In regards to your second question,

Searching the boards, this is what I found, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11337.0 which led me to this link http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5894.0

Hope this helps,
--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Charles Scott

• Holiday Confusion
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 03:52:52 am »

Thank you, this is very close to what I want. I am looking for my gallery to show not only the fixed albums but also the display the user albums on the front page. I amy get my answer yet.

tutone

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 01:39:18 am »

has anyone figured out how to show the user galleries and the other galleries both on the same page.  I have found the mods showing how to put just the user ones on... i would like both.

thanks

typexphoto

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 04:32:57 am »

Yes has anyone figured this out? I recenlty installed and am trying to do the same thing....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 09:11:07 am »

Stop tampering with old threads, see my reply here. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.