Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: customizing my gallery  (Read 3237 times)

jermpy

• Coppermine newbie
customizing my gallery
« on: March 31, 2005, 01:48:11 pm »

i apologize if this has been posted in the wrong spot, but to be honest i searched the FAQ for about an hour trying to find someone with a question similar to mine.  I found one, but there were no replies. 
first let me show you my website www.tornandfrayed.net.  the gallery is www.tornandfrayed.net/pics i want my gallery to match the site, but the only thing from the site that i really want to keep on the gallery is the top menu (the top white box).  the rest of the stuff is fine.

i tried to customize it myself adding the theme/mytheme(tornfray)/style.css and template.html, but i couldn't get it towork.  i tried adding the topmenu.shtml (as a ssi), but when i tried changed to my theme it went straight to the classic theme. 

i'm not looking for anyone to write the script for me (you can if you want to!), but i'm fairly profficient with html and style sheets.  if somoene can just show me the way i would appreciate it.  thanks.

jeremy
torn & frayed

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: customizing my gallery
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 04:34:56 am »

you can't have anything dynamic in template.html.

However look in the docs for "custom header"; There's a good post on the forum by gaugau as well dealing with custom headers.

You put a static token in template.html where you want that content to go, then you use the technique for custom header to create the dynamic content, and use pageheader function in theme.php to replace the token, with your generated content.

Magnus Lonnegren

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 04:38:28 pm »

i apologize if this has been posted in the wrong spot, but to be honest i searched the FAQ for about an hour trying to find someone with a question similar to mine.  I found one, but there were no replies. 
first let me show you my website www.tornandfrayed.net.  the gallery is www.tornandfrayed.net/pics i want my gallery to match the site, but the only thing from the site that i really want to keep on the gallery is the top menu (the top white box).  the rest of the stuff is fine.

i tried to customize it myself adding the theme/mytheme(tornfray)/style.css and template.html, but i couldn't get it towork.  i tried adding the topmenu.shtml (as a ssi), but when i tried changed to my theme it went straight to the classic theme. 

i'm not looking for anyone to write the script for me (you can if you want to!), but i'm fairly profficient with html and style sheets.  if somoene can just show me the way i would appreciate it.  thanks.

jeremy
torn & frayed

I saw on your site that you had removed the "Album list -  Login Last - uploads - ..."-menu from your site. How did you do that? Do you know if and maybe how I can remove the "Home > [Album]"-localization bar? Thanks!
/Magnus

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 06:00:49 pm »

that "bar" is called the breadcrumb, you can remove it by removing "breadcrumb" from the configuration option "content of the main page"

you can remove buttons by editing your theme.php and in the $template_main_menu variables just add html remarks around <!-- content you don't want -->

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.