Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: licence-agreements on register / upload  (Read 2945 times)

validom

licence-agreements on register / upload
« on: March 31, 2005, 01:52:05 am »

hi!

at first.... sorry for my bad english.

I dont know whether this issue was been discussed here before... if it was i'm shure it's an important issue to bring it up again  ::)

I currently running cpg 1.3 on my own server and i'm on providing a public-upload album where (registered) users can upload their own (funny) images. But there are serveral copyright-permissions i have to fulfill. When a user uploads anything he has to release me from any kind of claims from third parties. This can be done by simply add a disclaimerto the registration-agreement like

in the language-file under $lang_register_disclamer:
Code: [Select]
You assure that you have the necessary rights to publish the files you upload here. Any file you upload will be         
publicised under the "GNU Free Documentation License". You can read the licence-text <a
href="http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GNU_Free_Documentation_License" target="_blank">here</a>

or in german:
Code: [Select]
<b>Du erklärst ausdrücklich, dass Du für die Dateien welche Du hier veröffentlichst die erforderlichen Rechte besitzt!</b>
Ferner stimmst zu stillschweigend bei jeder Datei zu, dass diese unter der "GNU Free Documentation License"
unwiederruflich veröffentlicht werden. <b>Den Lizenztext kannst Du <a
href="http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GNU_Free_Documentation_License" target="_blank">hier</a></b> nachlesen.

and may add this information to the upload-site. --> how can i do this? ;)

If english or german are the only languages i provide this should be all i have to do... BUT THERE ARE SERVERAL OTHER LANGUAGES where I should modify this statement.  Therefore i suggest to add some licence-agreements to the standard-release. Most suitable whould be to add 3 (or so..) different licence-agreements to choose for the site. (which the admin can select of). E.g. one for the GNU-FDL, one for paranoids and one for the reckless...

Please let me know your thoughts... it whould be great if this could be implemented in future versions of cpg!

ValiDOM

if you're interested: my cpg is running under http://www.validom.de/gallery/

« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 08:29:41 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: licence-agreements on register / upload
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 08:29:19 am »

As you already pointed out: you're free to come up with anything you could think of on the registration agreement page (by modifying the language files as suggested). More legal bla will only discourage translators imo (and most of them are no lawyers anyway). If you want to add anything to the upload screen, search the code for "pageheader" and add your disclaimer.
This is actually not a feature imo, but a matter of customization.

Joachim

stock

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: licence-agreements on register / upload
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 03:01:40 am »

to add to Gaugau's bit.

If you are the manager of a picture library or website, it is up to you to make sure that your contributors have all the model and poperty releases for any picture that might cause a copyright problem, such as people in the picture, logos or property. The laws are strict about this and getting even more so.

If problems occur, you will be taken to court as well as the photographer, so this should be an important point when accepting material from anyone. It is nothing to do with a web programme.

I am a photographer running a library and copyright is the most important issue when showing any image in the public arena whether in the UK, the US, Germany or anywhere. Make it a priority.

Stock
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.