Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.2.0 blank index page after install  (Read 20709 times)

kammermark

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2.0 blank index page after install
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 11:18:13 pm »

The problem was the configuration of php... Fixed the problem by changing following things in the "php.ini":

cgi.force_redirect = 0
cgi.redirect_status_env = 1
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1

[found this hint somewhere in the space... no idea what it does...  :oops: ]

christo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2003, 04:08:05 am »

nah, thats made no difference at all

i am on redhat 9, php 4.2.2-17

if that helps anyone who can help.....

FM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2004, 10:57:46 am »

I just found the same problem when russian language is turned on for the gallery. The problem is that <meta http-euqiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=..."> follows the title. When browser starts rendering gallery's html, it firsts finds that this html should conform to "transitional" standard, than it finds illegal characters in the title. Meta tag should be placed before the title tag to prevent this problem. Affected files: theme.php and template.html in every theme...

Problem may happen in other languages too, so it would be nice to fix it.

Problematic browser: MSIE 6.

christo

• Coppermine newbie
Fixed it !
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2004, 03:49:02 pm »

I got it all working by removing the apache and php rpms, and then recompiling from source adding in the required stuff.

These are the compile commands I used.....

Apache

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-module=rewrite --enable-module=log_agent --enable-module=log_config --enable-module=log_referer --enable-module=so --enable-module=proxy --enable-module=usertrack --server-uid=web --server-gid=web

PHP

./configure --with-db --enable-dba --with-gdbm --with-xml --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

This got it working straight away thanks to a friend of mine who keeps dumping stuff on my desk - cheers Dave !

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2004, 02:26:31 am »

Right, I'm also getting this problem with install.php just dumping me to a blank page with the logo (the HTML is actually incomplete).

I've looked around and there's plenty of posts about it and they all point here. I've checked my Apache & PHP configuration and it appears to be correctly configured with mySQL support. ImageMagick is installed fine, and other PHP apps work fine. I've tried the tips here with no success.

Everything is the stock versions straight out of Fedora Core 1 (aka RedHat 10), plus updates. I'd rather not re-build PHP or Apache, nor can I see a need to as it appears to have all the requirements. I think the suggestion that it's a server configuration issue when install.php doesn't redirect is wrong because if you look at the HTML it generates it hasn't even finished writing the end of the HTML!

So, something is up and no one's got an answer.

And this from a "stable" release.   :(

I just wanted to check out Coppermine to see if it's better than Gallery, but Gallery was far easier to install, even if it is a slow system to use.

I'm using CPG 1.2.1 standalone ("stable"), on Fedora Core 1 plus the following Fedora RPMs...
Apache 2.0.48-1.2
PHP 4.3.4.1-1
MySQL 3.23.58-4
ImageMagick is 5.5.6-5

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2004, 10:07:59 am »

The strange thing is that this behaviour has so far only been reported by users running their own servers, afaik none of the people who are webhosted have encountered this problem. I'd still say it's server config...

Our decision to call the current release of coppermine "stable" comes from the fact that it's being used on thousands of web pages without problems - at least that's my definition for "stable". If it doesn't work for you, I'm sorry.

Anyway, if you're happier with (menalto) gallery: it's a fine product with great features as well. After all, you needed a photo gallery, and you finally found one that works for you what else could I say?

GauGau

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2004, 03:15:42 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"

Anyway, if you're happier with (menalto) gallery: it's a fine product with great features as well. After all, you needed a photo gallery, and you finally found one that works for you what else could I say?

I wouldn't say I'm happier with it. It works, but doesn't have quite the same features and is too slow. That's why I want to check out Coppermine. I've seen sites using it and it seems to be pretty good.

Is there any kind of definitive instructions on server config anywhere? i.e. what exact components are required to be configured in Apache & PHP, and specific settings required in php.ini ?

The instructions mention things about servers not configured right and using 'chmod 0777', etc, but they don't mention *how* to configure the server right, only the workarounds. Though I don't think the chmod stuff is the problem as it's the same whether it's 0755 or 0777 permissions.

Surely there must be plenty of RedHat users out there that have set up Coppermine with the stock Apache & PHP? I've checked my PHP config again with phpinfo() and it seems to have everything you could possibly want configured, same with Apache. Certainly far more than you'd get with the default configurations.

Update: - Turns out it was the server after all!

I found this thread...

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=612

and the solution was to install the 'php-mysql' RPM.

This despite the fact that phpinfo() reports mysql was installed, it turns out it wasn't. A "yum install php-mysql" followed by an apache restart got it working.

So a little instruction for Redhat/Fedora users is to install at least the following RPMs...

mysql
mysql-admin
php-mysql

(and any dependents it prompts for)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.