Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting order not working  (Read 3966 times)

abietto

• Coppermine newbie
Sorting order not working
« on: March 22, 2005, 09:36:51 am »

Hi again =)
I have a problem with my files. I uploaded some images via FTP and batch added them in a gallery. They are named something like "picture1.jpg" - "picture2.jpg" - "picture3.jpg" et cetera, so they should be listed in order. Problem is, no matter what I try to do in the config panel (I tried sorting by name ascending, name descending, title ascending, date, etc.) they are listed always in the same way, and not in a particular order that I can identify (the gallery that I checked had this order: 2 - 3 - 1 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 5 - 7 - 10 - 14 - 11 - 13...). Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Can anyone give me a hint or some help?
Thanx in advance!

abietto

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Sorting order not working
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 10:24:17 am »

Ehm, is there anyone here who can help me understand why the pictures are not following the sorting order? thanx...

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 02:24:42 pm »

A link to your site would be useful.

abietto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 12:37:45 pm »

Sorry, you're right.
It's http://www.abietto.net/gallery/
in particular you can check this album
http://www.abietto.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=19
As you can see there, the sorting order seem to be random and the name of the files are in a stric numeric order (like Pic1.jpg, Pic2.jpg, et-cetera).
Thank you again.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 12:47:41 pm »

It goes 1 - 10 - 11 -12 -13 -14 -15 -16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 2 which is sorted by filename ascending.

If it doesn't appear like that for you try clearing your cookies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.