Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Template help  (Read 4151 times)

vicisawesome

• Coppermine newbie
Template help
« on: March 27, 2005, 09:28:30 pm »

I am using the Rainy day template and would like to make the rest of my site based on this template.  Here are my questions:

1.  Is this template available in a more simple version?  I am having difficulty modifiying the exisiting one.  By simple, I mean something that can be downloaded on oswd.org
2.  If it's not available, what files should I edit to customize them into other pages?
3.  Please see this screen capture http://www.whereisvic.com/support1.jpg - What file can I edit to add additional menu options?
4.  Are there any files that could couse a potential security hazard that must be deleted (like with cutephp)?

Basically, I'd like to build my site around this template.  Maybe add 3 to 5 additional pages.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Nibbler

Re: Template help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 09:41:12 pm »

The template comes as-is - that is the only version of it in existance. You can make new pages to match your theme if you make them like this:

Code: [Select]
<?php
define
('IN_COPPERMINE'true);
require(
'include/init.inc.php');
pageheader('Your title');
?>

Your html content here

<?
pagefooter();
?>

There are no files that need to be deleted on security grounds, the installer cannot be run again while the include/install.lock file is in place.

Please note we have a 1 question per thread rule, and many questions have already been addressed on the board - use the search function.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 09:42:40 pm »

I wrote a "theme interpreter" that does pretty much what you are after.

This is specific to the site I used it on, but if look at the code you can adapt it to any site and any theme.

The theme hardwood was based off of rainy day, but I don't think it really matters much.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11650.msg52795#msg52795

you might even look at this method depending on what you want to do

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=12077.msg54486#msg54486

vicisawesome

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 11:31:28 pm »

okay, thanks

I think I got it.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 02:22:20 am »

Quote from: vicisawesome
Hi, I viewed http://www.blueoxhardwoodflooring.com/ and it uses practically the same concepts I'd like to implement.  

So, I got the content editing part down.  However, I am still confused about adding buttons.  I am talking about how you have "Home" link on top of the blueoxhardwoodflooring.com

I'd like to add Home, About, and Contact in the same section.  I looked at your "interpreter" application and got even more confused.  

I also have cpg installed in its own directory (www.whereisvic.com/cpg)  however, I'd like the Home page just to be at www.whereisvic.com.  So, I created a test file to include the template and nothing is showing up www.whereisvic.com/test.php, however everything shows up fine when I place the same file in www.whereisvic.com/cpg/test.php

I tried searching for a solution on the forums, but didn't find anything conclusive.  I appreciate your help in advance. Please let me know what I can do to solve these problems.  Thanks!

The buttons are in the theme.php

look for $template_main_menu1 and $template_main_menu2

If you are using nibblers method then your file can't exist out of the cpg root, can't be in a parent directory, and it can't be in any children directories, coppermine root only. (you however could put an index.php file that redirects to a file in the coppermine root.)

index.php
<?php header("Location: http://www.whereisvic.com/cpg/test.php"); exit; ?>

If you are using the interpreter then the key is that you have to have TWO copies of the theme, one for coppermine, and one for interpreter. Thats to keep the relative paths the same.

The interpreter setup would look like

/  (root)
/cpg (coppermine)
/cpg/index.php (coppermines main file)
/cpg/themes/mytheme (the theme for coppermine)
/themes/mytheme (the theme for the interpreter)
/index.php (interpreter's main file)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 02:31:46 am by donnoman »

vicisawesome

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 05:50:06 am »

Alright, figured out the "Add buttons" thing.  Just gotta work on the directory issue now.

Thanks for the help.

nymyth

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 12:04:39 am »

if ure in the CPG gallery linking out:

<a href="../index.php">HOME</a>
Not sure if thats what you want.

Peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.