Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I dont want to use categories or intermediate pictures  (Read 4227 times)

Arseman03

• Coppermine newbie
I dont want to use categories or intermediate pictures
« on: December 28, 2004, 07:58:46 am »

hi, i have two questions:

first of all, on the home page or my coppermine, it shows the names of the categories.  how can i make it so that all albums are not posted to a category and that on the home page, it shows the thumbnails of the albums that you usually see when you click on a category from the home page.

also, where are intermediate files shown and what are the pros and cons of using the intermediate files?

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: I dont want to use categories or intermediate pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 08:06:16 am »

You don't have to use categories at all.  The DOCS do cover this.

As an admin, find your album in the cat/album list, click properties from the admin menu

on "Album Category" select "*No Category*" your album will now be displayed as the first section.

Delete your unused categories when you have all the albums out.

In the future you might want to ask your question's in different threads that way folks can search the titles and still find your question.

Intermediate files are the one that shown after you click on the thumbnail. You are presented with a picture surrounded by a frame, with the navigation buttons. Thats where the intermediate image is shown. If you click the image, then you will get the full size image in a pop-up.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 08:08:40 am »

• One question per thread (you agreed to respect this policy when you signed up for your account on this forum)
  • If you don't want categories, then just create/move your albums in "no category" (the root category).
  • When using the intermediate pics, the users on low bandwidth connections don't have to wait so long for a pic to appear on displayimage.php (with the drawback of slightly higher webspace usage). Especially if you allow non-computer literate users to upload pics (and you allow them to upload huge files), your gallery will not become very popular because of slow loading times.
Joachim

[edit]
donnoman, you beat me by seconds ;)
Since I took the effort to type an answer, I posted it even though you already answered all questions (and much more efficiently ;D)
[/edit]

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 08:29:04 am »

I try to get to the easy ones before you to save you the time, and I always ask myself:

What would GauGau say?  (http://geocities.com/donnoman/icon_nworthy.gif)

Arseman03

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 08:33:29 am »

as an admin, can i change the album category of other users?

i click on the album properties of another user's album and it doesnt let me change album category

[edit]
ok, i cant even change my own as a registered user, all i see is album category : user gallery.  The user gallery is in italics and it doesnt look like there is an option to change it.

i am smart enough to see *My Gallery* and *NO CATEGORY* but i only have those options as an administrator

all registered users added albums go to User Gallery - thats my problem
[/edit]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 08:47:44 am by Arseman03 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 08:56:25 am »

If you only have personal galleries ("user galleries"), you might want to look into the mod that makes the user galleries category the home page of your gallery (search the forum / mod section for it). The recommendations donnoman and I posted are for "regular" albums in "regular" categories only, not for albums existing within a user's personal gallery. You're recommended to have public albums where the uploads of your users can go to.

Joachim

evolutionweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 06:29:58 am »

You don't have to use categories at all.  The DOCS do cover this.

As an admin, find your album in the cat/album list, click properties from the admin menu

on "Album Category" select "*No Category*" your album will now be displayed as the first section.

Delete your unused categories when you have all the albums out.

In the future you might want to ask your question's in different threads that way folks can search the titles and still find your question.

Intermediate files are the one that shown after you click on the thumbnail. You are presented with a picture surrounded by a frame, with the navigation buttons. Thats where the intermediate image is shown. If you click the image, then you will get the full size image in a pop-up.

----

What happened !!! I did this now all the images seem to be gone...The gallery dissapeared along with all photos!

--------

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 01:46:32 pm »

How about a link to your site?  And explain exactly what you did.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.