Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Redesign of the Intermediate Image Display - Some assitance needed  (Read 4855 times)

crashnet

• Coppermine regular visitor

Hello everyone,

I started to do a redesign of the intermediate image display section of my theme.  Currently, as you can see below, it is the standard display that comes with coppermine.  I did not have a lot of time to make this image, but I put on top of the current display roughly where I would like each piece of the display to go.  Here's the thing though...each the intermediate display is broken into sections, ie $template_img_navbar, $template_display_picture, $template_image_rating.  Editing these pieces of the theme would not let me move the parts around on the page.  My question is, where in the code, as I can't find it, are these sections listed and the main table that controls the layout and what would be the best way to resituate the layout to get what I have roughly pictured below (I don't need exact coding instructions, just where I need to make changes and a recommendation of the way to go).  Thanks!  :)

crashnet

Re: Redesign of the Intermediate Image Display - Some assitance needed
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 03:05:52 am »

Could anyone provide some help or a link to another website that specializes in coppermine theming and assistance?  Thanks!

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 03:10:57 am »

If you move things around in a template variable, like $template_display_image, you'll also have to move them around in the function that actually populates it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

crashnet

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 07:14:16 am »

If you move things around in a template variable, like $template_display_image, you'll also have to move them around in the function that actually populates it.

Wow...its really that complex to modify the theme?  Gosh, I'm pretty good at coding, but I'm not that good.  Ease of layout modification would be a great addition to the next release of Coppermine.  Do you happen to know of a theme out there that has modified the intermediate layout that I could look at as a reference.  I've looked around, but I haven't found one as of yet.

nukeworker

• Visit NukeWorker.com
    • Nuclear Jobs
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 04:08:28 pm »

Try this:

Instead of moving part of section B and C into section A....

Create a new table And insert all (When I say all, I mean the entire EOT block.) of section "A" where you want it, B, and C. -- Because it looked to me, that you just want to move the bottom stuff to the side.  It should be as simple as changing a few <tr>'s and <td>'s.

Failing that, you would need to edit the functions.

crashnet

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 05:45:04 am »

Thanks nukeworker...I have tested a few changes with <tr> and <td> changes and it looks like I will be able to change them. 

Now this might sound like such a newbie question, and it is coming from me, but how did you increase the width of your intermediate table.  If you look at the picture above you see that the width of the display is smaller than the width of the breadcrumb.  I'm assuming in the css file, but I can't seem to find the right classes.  Thanks again for your help so far! :)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 01:33:48 pm »

Look in your config settings.  There are a couple of width settings, and one of them ( Width of the table for file display ) is probably set at 600.  Change it to 100% and your table will expand to fill the width of your page.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

nukeworker

• Visit NukeWorker.com
    • Nuclear Jobs
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 01:34:10 am »

crashnet

Your theme looks great.  You have made a VERY nice looking site.

crashnet

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 05:15:38 am »

crashnet

Your theme looks great.  You have made a VERY nice looking site.

I apologize for not seeing this earlier, but thank you very much.  That is one of the nicest comments I have gotten in quite some time.  Makes me want to go work on it right now, whether its midnight where I live or not.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.