Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: English British language file  (Read 3616 times)

jpaffett

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • Lesvosisland.com
English British language file
« on: March 23, 2005, 04:18:39 pm »

If English British is selected as a language, most of the menu items and headers disappear. This would appear to be because the file english_gb.php is incomplete.

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 07:21:56 pm by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: English British language file
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 04:23:05 pm »

Yes, during development, only english.php is edited since it's too much work to maintain changes in multiple files.

However, are you not using the language fallback feature? With it enabled, the missing entries would be retrieved from english.php as a fallback.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 07:21:35 pm »

This actually is not a bug. As suggested in the docs, there are no other language files than (US) english during the development stage. Only after the feature freeze (and ironing out the existing bugs), the english language file is being sent to the translators, asking them to start translating for cpg1.4.
In all previous versions of coppermine, language files from older versions simple couldn't be used with newer versions. Starting with cpg1.4, this has changed (that's why we introduced the language fallback feature in the first place). The language files that are currently in the lang folder of the devel branch in the cvs are all cpg1.3.x files, with only one exception: english.php is a "true" cpg1.4 file.
Marking this thread as invalid.

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 08:55:08 pm »

English_british is actually a 1.4 file, but was done some time ago, and requires updating when the languages are requested.

It relies heavily on langfallback, and what you describe will happen if that is turned off.  As Gaugau said, the only actually ready language file is english.php, but that is likely to change yet before finalised.

There are other issues with it, which I will sort at the updating stage.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

jpaffett

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • Lesvosisland.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 06:08:10 am »

OK, thanks for the responses. I thought I did have it working OK and this answers how. I must have changed the fallback setting inadvertently.

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.