Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to show an second intermediate sized image?  (Read 2250 times)

oshelef

• Coppermine newbie
Possible to show an second intermediate sized image?
« on: March 22, 2005, 07:00:25 pm »

I have some rather large images in my gallery. I have some users who complain that the intermediate image is too small (even though I've made it bigger than the default) and the full-size image is rather huge and hard to view.

For example, I have an image which is 4396x 2896. It's intermediate sized image is 971x640 (less than 10% of the original image). I don't have a set size, but something in the middle would be great.

I'd like to make a second intermediate image available or find some other solution. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Orie

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Possible to show an second intermediate sized image?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 10:08:35 pm »

It would be better to resize the original before uploading. It would save you on bandwidth usage. Also, if you tried to batch resize such large images on the server, it uses up more cpu resources that is not smiled upon in a shared hosting environment.

oshelef

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Possible to show an second intermediate sized image?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 01:07:32 am »

I realize I can make the originals smaller, but I want to make the full-size images available as well.
I also realize the batch processing of those images can be problematic. (Although i had good success using the timer.php as being much more friendly a system of image processing since it uses a one-at-a-time approach.)

If there isn't a mod floating around that would serve my purpose, I'd appreciate any suggestions on how I would go about making this modification myself.

Orie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.