Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 5854 times)

taffy056

• Coppermine newbie
A few questions
« on: March 19, 2005, 10:21:02 pm »

Hi,

I am new to coppermine but would like to ask a few questions before I decide whether to use it or not for my website.

I have Mambo 4.5.2 that is integrated into vBulletin 3.0.7 with a third party script, with that in mind how would I intgrate this into my setup? Also what would I integrate into Mambo or vBulletin?

What issues am I likely to face with bridging this into Mambo or vBulletin that I should be aware of?

Where are the images uploaded stored?

With regards to the upgrade to 1.4 in the near future, is upgrading a process that is quite easy?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 07:29:36 am by GauGau »

foulu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • uhm
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 07:36:07 am »

i think u must integrated into vBulletin 3.0.7, i dont know about what happend with bridge when upgrade to 1.4 but i think cpg will release a new bridge.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 11:13:24 am »

With regards to the upgrade to 1.4 in the near future, is upgrading a process that is quite easy?
Yes, upgrading is painless:
  • You replace all cpg1.3.x files with cpg1.4.x files
  • You run upgrade.php once (which will make the necessary database changes)
  • You update your custom theme (if you use a customized one) as per the instructions that will be included with cpg1.4.x. If you use a standard theme (one that comes with the coppermine package), there's no need to fumble with the theme at all.

Joachim

P.S. We have a "one question per thread" policy, please respect it in the future.

taffy056

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 02:55:02 pm »

Hi GauGau,

Thanks for the answer regarding upgrading, :) sorry didn't know you operated on a one question per thread policy, I will bear that in mind in future!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.