Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New guy looking for help  (Read 4754 times)

SWARM

• Coppermine newbie
New guy looking for help
« on: November 15, 2003, 12:01:52 pm »

Hi.  This is my first time here after visiting a site that used your photo album engine.  I am very very novice at anything to do with web design.  I was wondering if there was a "coppermine installation for dummies" anywhere.  That explained step by step what you need to do from before you download....to installation and such.  I have no idea even where to start, but I want to learn.  Thanks if anyone can help.

MaThIbUs

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I rock.
    • http://mathibus.com/
New guy looking for help
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 12:10:45 pm »

check the readme file ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
New guy looking for help
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 02:11:40 am »

if the coppermine install is to complicated for you, maybe you can ask a friend to do this for you.
Installing coppermine is one issue, another issue is actually running it. If you're totally new to running a website, I advise you to look into the basics first (and maybe start with static sites first; in other words: play with something less complicated for a start, as coppermine requires some knowledge about html, images, php and mySQL - a lot of new technologies for a beginner...).
Don't get me wrong, Coppermine isn't complicated, but you should have at least a little experience with "conventional" websites imo.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.