Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How include filenames into gallery?  (Read 3196 times)

dck

• Coppermine newbie
How include filenames into gallery?
« on: March 20, 2005, 05:21:16 pm »

How do I include filenames (as listed say in Windows Explorer) on all the pictures in the gallery?

Linky? I've searched ... couldn't find?

Thanks

EDIT- I'm talking about making it (the filename) automatically appear in the Descriptilon?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 05:28:32 pm by dck »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How include filenames into gallery?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 07:05:44 am »

where is the filename suppossed to be displayed? On the thumbnail page? On the intermediate/full-size display (displayimage.php)? Please post more details, and search the board, as this has been asked very often already.

Joachim

dck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 03:01:53 pm »

I would like the filenames on the thumbs, and in the titles on essentially everything.

i've read the forums and searched, it seems that you must enter everything manually, one at a time, unlesss you want to deal w/complicated work around scripts.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 07:43:56 pm »

I know I've seen a mod/hack posted that puts filenames in the title field during the upload process.  Is this what you want?

If you want to do the pictures that are already uploaded, the easiest thing to do is write a sql script that takes the filename and puts it in the title field, if the title field isn't blank.  Something like this:

update table cpg_pictures
set title = filename
where title is null

That will put the filename in the title field for all of your pictures, as long as there isn't anything in the title field already.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

dck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 09:29:09 pm »

I know I've seen a mod/hack posted that puts filenames in the title field during the upload process.  Is this what you want?

If you want to do the pictures that are already uploaded, the easiest thing to do is write a sql script that takes the filename and puts it in the title field, if the title field isn't blank.  Something like this:

update table cpg_pictures
set title = filename
where title is null

That will put the filename in the title field for all of your pictures, as long as there isn't anything in the title field already.

Yes. the first option/mod hack would be best, while uploading.  Link to mod?  If its hard to install/do, forget it.

On the 2nd, sql script, is that something i could cut paste ?  if so, where would it go?  2nd option would suffice as well.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 11:00:58 pm »

Use a MySQL tool like phpMyAdmin to execute that sql script I posted.

I don't remember the post for filename->title during the uploads.  You'll have to search and look around for it.  Try the mods board.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

dck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 01:07:39 am »

Thanks for the script, there's just no way I can seem to get it executed properly.  I download the php tool, i've searched and searched google for tutorials, but I really have no clue what I'm doing.  I'm simply tired of trying to figure it out.

Thanks though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.