Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Divide category list in pages  (Read 2675 times)

w00ter

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.squeeky.net
Divide category list in pages
« on: March 18, 2005, 04:25:52 pm »

Hey everybody!  :)

Simple question, yet, a question to where I couldnt find the answer to on the forum, nor the FAQ.
My category list on the main page is growing, and the list is getting longer, this really increases the load time of the page, which is a bad thing!

So my question is: Is it possible for the catlist to be divided into seperate pages?
So only a certain amount of categories are shown on the main page, and the other categories on page 2 3 4 5 6 etc. ?

Have a look at www.zaterdag.net and you'll see the list of what I'm talking about.

Any idea's?

Big thanks in advance!!  :D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Divide category list in pages
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 04:42:01 pm »

Creating sub-categories is the solution (and exactly what you're looking for). As you currently have set things up, there's a category for every event you have, and each of the categories contains only one album: this leads to your start page look cluttered and requires an additional (unnecessary) click to actually view an an album. Only 5 of your categories have more than one album, which is not a very clever design imo.
A possible category/album structure for your page might be
Year > month > album
or
Year & month > album

Solution 1 would reduce your start page (currently 49 categories) to 3 categories, solution 2 would reduce the number of categories to 15. There's no category pagination mod for coppermine, but imo your initial request doesn't apply in the first place: I'd rather use the means of organizing your gallery that exist within coppermine instead of fiddling width a mod that wouldn't be that easily to accomplish.

HTH

Joachim

w00ter

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.squeeky.net
Re: Divide category list in pages
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 04:48:44 pm »

Hey Gau,

Havent thought of it that way... makes perfect sense!
I guess, when designing the layout, I didnt really give it any thought of it becoming this big.

I'll look into this.. thanks a lot for your time and quick response!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.