Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users are uploading over their Disk Quota.  (Read 12262 times)

Chopper

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Animation Corner
Users are uploading over their Disk Quota.
« on: March 16, 2005, 01:42:10 am »

I have CPG1.3 integrated with PHPBB2 and now that I'm starting to get new members, I set a "Disk quota" under Groups to 1024kb for the Members group. However, I noticed that one user has posted over 3 megabytes. I can't seem to figure out why.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Users are uploading over their Disk Quota.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 03:11:21 am »

Well, I recommend changing all group quotas except the admin one to 1024, then see if you can upload a picture that's larger than 1024kb with a standard user (a member of the Members group).  If you can't, change one group setting to 2048kb and try again with the same image.  With bbs permissions, sometimes it can be tricky figuring out what groups are coming into play.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Chopper

• The Animation Corner
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 04:58:49 am »

Ok, I think I might be misunderstanding the meaning of Disk Quota. I tested it out like you said and basically, nothing has changed.

When Coppermine says Disk Quota, is it referring to how much a user can upload at one time or how much that user can upload in total?

What I'm looking for is a way to allocate 1 megabyte storage per member account. So a user can upload two 512kb movies, but after that, if they try to upload anything else, even a 40kb image, they will exceed their 1024kb maximum and Coppermine will tell them they can't upload anymore because they went over their storage allowance.

So I guess I should get a formal definition of the term "Disk Quota" first. Do you know which one it is referring to?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 12:54:16 pm »

You are correct: disk quota is the total space allocated for a user.  A user belonging to a group with a quota of 1024kb should be limited to that amount.  The phpbb bridge is somehow not conforming to the rules, but I admit I'm unsure why.  Are your users posting to public albums or their own private ones?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Chopper

• The Animation Corner
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 06:28:31 pm »

The users are posting to public folders.

A strange thing happened. I changed everyone's disk quota to 300kb, except for the admin which I changed to zero. Then the disk quota worked and told my test user account that I exceeded the maximum usage space.

When I changed all the quotas back to 1024kb (except for admin left at zero), it stopped working. Pretty wierd.

Dmitriy Katkov

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 01:38:36 pm »

I have CPG1.3 integrated with PHPBB2 and now that I'm starting to get new members, I set a "Disk quota" under Groups to 1024kb for the Members group. However, I noticed that one user has posted over 3 megabytes. I can't seem to figure out why.

The same problem with CPG1.4. One my user uses 1630kb, when permited is only 1500kb.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 09:34:51 am »

Keep your cpg1.4.x questions to the cpg1.4.x support board. This board here is for cpg1.3.x issues only.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.