Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permissions Changed?  (Read 3259 times)

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
Permissions Changed?
« on: March 14, 2005, 06:12:05 pm »

I am trying to figure how or if my albums/edit directory got hacked. Everything has been fine for quite sometime, then I started getting warnings about permissions when uploading files. I traced the problem to my edit directory -- somehow the owner got changed to 'nobody' and the permissions set to 666.

The only thing that has occured from my perspective is an upgrade from phpBB 2.0.11 to 2.0.13 -- I am bridged to phpBB using the default bridge. Any ideas as to how this happened?

I reset everything and CPG is fine but I am a bit nervous about how this happened.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Nibbler

Re: Permissions Changed?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 06:24:01 pm »

There has already been ample discussion about this issue on the boards, but to sum it up briefly..

The edit directory can accidently get moved in 1.3.x during uploading files and has to be re-created by coppermine. When this happens the new folder is owned by the server and not by you. This is not a security problem. If you want to know more try search the board for edit, folder, disappeared etc.

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
Re: Permissions Changed?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:42:05 pm »

Thanks Nibbler, I found where to fix the 666 in picmgmt.php, but what none of the related posts discussed is why the Edit subdir keeps getting recreated. This is a first for my installation.

Thanks,
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.