Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Message Icon Set for SMF that are used on these boards  (Read 5418 times)

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Message Icon Set for SMF that are used on these boards
« on: March 12, 2005, 06:46:16 am »

@gaugau the icons for sticky busy topic etc, don't match what SMF's is now putting out as default.

Are the icons we are using here just the old standard, or are they custom?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 07:26:50 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Message Icon Set for SMF that are used on these boards
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 11:11:57 am »

The new icons that come with SMF's default theme just weren't what I thought a good icon should look like: although they look cooler and even match better to the overall look of the theme, it's not that obvious what a sticky thread is: there are way too many colors imo, so the users would have to look up what icons does mean what. I wanted to make sure everybody recognices sticky threads and theads he posted in, so I decided to use the old YaBB SE icons for this particular purpose. So yes, I chose to do this deliberately.
Take a look at the attachment that has all possible message icons and tell me if they are intuively usable - I don't have the slightest idea what a drop shadow is meant to say...

Joachim

P.S. The SMF support board uses an exclusive theme with topic icons based on the classic ones as well...

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 07:06:31 pm »

Thats exactly what I was after, I hate the new icons, because you can't tell what they are.

Looking cool has to come after they are functional.

Whats the easiest way for me to get my hands on the icons we use here, are they available from an old yabse download, or would you mind zipping the set we use here up for me?

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 02:18:22 am »

Too funny, turns out SMF delivers the old icons right with a new install... I didn't have to go far to find them.

In case someone else reads this, just copy the ones from classic to default to JUST replace the topic icons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.