Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Profile Link in PHPBB Profile (After Integration)  (Read 4843 times)

Chopper

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Animation Corner
Coppermine Profile Link in PHPBB Profile (After Integration)
« on: March 11, 2005, 07:12:15 pm »

This request involves PHPBB as well as Coppermine, but it seems this is the best place to make this request.

The idea for this mod is so that after PHPBB and Coppermine are integrated, this mod would add a link in each member's PHPBB profile to the user's Coppermine Profile.

As of now, it seems that after integration, the only way to allow access to a user's Coppermine Profile is by enabling the "Display uploader name below the thumbnail" option (which is only accessible in the Coppermine Gallery). By having a link in the user's PHPBB profile, it might be more intuitive and user-friendly to look up a user and view what they have posted.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 04:23:54 pm by Casper »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Coppermine Profile Link in PHPBB Profile (After Integration)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 04:23:34 pm »

when bridged, coppermine does not use it's own user management, and does not store such info, so only users who were in the database before bridging would be shown anyway.

Coppermine still has profile links, but they go to the phpbb member profile.  You can do mods to the phpbb profile to link to the members pics etc, but coppermine cannot do this or other changes to another apps files itself.

So unfortunately, your request is invalid, imho.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 04:30:40 pm »

Profile pages won't neccessarily redirect to the board's user profile in the next version of coppermine.

Chopper

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Animation Corner
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 10:32:12 pm »

Coppermine still has profile links, but they go to the phpbb member profile.

I noticed this, but I also noticed that the Coppermine profile is still active and accessible when you turn on "Display uploader name below the thumbnail" option in coppermine. The linked name that appears under the posted image/media directs the user to their Coppermine profile. If this linked name exists there under the thumbnail in Coppermine, the why can't the same link exist in the user's PHPBB profile? (Granted, the link information will change, but the ultimate destination is the same, that destination being...

[coppermine directory]/profile.php?uid=[userid]

when bridged, coppermine does not use it's own user management, and does not store such info, so only users who were in the database before bridging would be shown anyway.

I noticed that even after integration, the user's coppermine profile is receiving new additions to it based on that user's uploads.

You can do mods to the phpbb profile to link to the members pics etc.

This is close to an alternative I was hoping for, where the user's most recent upload thumbnails could be grabbed or fetched to be displayed in their PHPBB profile. I posted a new topic in the (BBS) Integration / Bridging forum to try to figure out how to do this. I hope that's ok.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 10:49:41 pm by Chopper »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.