Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Icons  (Read 4215 times)

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Help Icons
« on: April 10, 2005, 07:45:14 am »

I've been testing CPG 1.4, and I've noticed some things about the help icons I just wanted to bring to attention.

1.) Some of the help icons open up content-less windows.

2 Examples:
Config -> General Settings -> URL of your home page
Config -> General Settings -> Custom Menu Link Name

2.) I've also noticed that some of the config items do not have help icons.
Example: Config -> General Settings -> Show number of Linked files

3.) Also if you click on multiple help icons they all pop-up new windows. How about just having one pop-up help window. If there is a help window open, then simply reuse the same window and bring it to focus. This way it avoids many windows being popped open.

I would like to lend my hand in correcting some of this if in fact they need correcting. Should I make the modifications and post the code here?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 06:38:50 pm by GauGau »
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Help Icons
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 11:17:07 am »

I'm unable to replicate this, I guess it's related to the fact that some of your files are outdated (some of the settings have been moved around). You have to make sure that you have the most recent versions of these files:
  • admin.php (v1.24)
  • docs/index.htm (v1.130)
  • lang/english.php (v1.278)
  • sql/update.sql (v1.113)
Make sure you have the most recent cvs checkout and that you have run update.php

Your request to open only one help window is valid though for the future, but we have a feature freeze right now, so please post this in a separate thread on the feature requests board.

Joachim

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: Help Icons
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 05:22:37 pm »

Okay. I am using snapshot2005-02-12. I will check out the latest CVS. Sorry for the confusion. I'll also make that request in the feature request board.

--Dan
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.