Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Private Albums don't say for user to login  (Read 3036 times)

avedianj

• Coppermine newbie
Private Albums don't say for user to login
« on: March 09, 2005, 06:59:30 pm »

Hi, I searched all forums and read the manual, I cannot find the answer to my question. I apologize in advance if I missed, it and hope someone will point me in the right direction.

I tried to make the albums that I want to allow only "registered" group view - private. This is a nice feature, however, when users look and see them, it simply says that they are private. And user probably won't understand that they need to log-in in order to gain access. It would be much better if it said, "private - please log-in to view". Is there any way to do this differently so people don't get a headache when trying to navigate my site?

It would be really good if there was a way to make all users sign in in order to enter coppermine, then they could gain access to all "public" albums. Then if I wanted to create a folder that only 1 or 2 of those registered users could view, I could make it private and in album properties make them a group that is allowed access. However, what I found is really stupid, is that when I make a private album and upload files to it, my "private" files in my "private" album are shown to all in the "Last Additions" section of the site. This makes it anything but "private". Is there any way to make this happen?

In a nutshell here are my questions:
1. Is there a way to force users to register or log in before entering the main coppermine screen?
2. Is there a way to change "Private" albums to say something like "Private - log in to view"?
3. Is there a way to keep pictures that were added to "private" albums out of the "Last Additions" screen?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Private Albums don't say for user to login
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 07:09:22 pm »

In a nutshell here are my questions:
We have a "one question per thread policy" you agreed to respect when you signed up!

1. Is there a way to force users to register or log in before entering the main coppermine screen?
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#registeredUsersOnly

2. Is there a way to change "Private" albums to say something like "Private - log in to view"?
Why don't you just edit the file your_coppermine_folder/images/private.jpg and change the text on it from "private" to the text you're suggesting?

3. Is there a way to keep pictures that were added to "private" albums out of the "Last Additions" screen?
They are: the meta albums (like last additions, most viewed etc.) respect privacy settings. Try for yourself: log out of coppermine (do not user the "user mode" toggle) and see for yourself: no private pics will be displayed in the meta albums.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.